Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Funny, I never noticed its demise.

I think we are seeing its inexorable demise. Not as a result of lack of interest per se in England and Australia. But a lack of interest in other countries to put their resources behind their test teams. Resulting in weaker and weaker test sides from India, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies

It's a sad thing as test cricket can be utterly absorbing to watch. But there were only 7,000 (or so) at Headingly to watch the final session of an England test match on a Bank Holiday yesterday

I hope it can be turned around but with the money following TV viewing figures for T20 I doubt it

AndyRM

XOXO
I think we are seeing its inexorable demise. Not as a result of lack of interest per se in England and Australia. But a lack of interest in other countries to put their resources behind their test teams. Resulting in weaker and weaker test sides from India, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies

It's a sad thing as test cricket can be utterly absorbing to watch. But there were only 7,000 (or so) at Headingly to watch the final session of an England test match on a Bank Holiday yesterday

I hope it can be turned around but with the money following TV viewing figures for T20 I doubt it

I don't "like" this, but I do agree. It's a shame really.

Bad weather has delayed the start of play... Early doors I know, but perhaps my prediction of a draw may be on.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I don't "like" this, but I do agree. It's a shame really.

Bad weather has delayed the start of play... Early doors I know, but perhaps my prediction of a draw may be on.
Yup, the draw is definitely a possibility but I just had a look at the BBC weather forecast for Leeds and the light will improve. Rain due at 7pm but they'll be in the pavilion by then, I reckon.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yup, the draw is definitely a possibility but I just had a look at the BBC weather forecast for Leeds and the light will improve. Rain due at 7pm but they'll be in the pavilion by then, I reckon.

If (and yes, it's a big if) the Windies can keep the head and bat sensibly there is absolutely no reason they can't bat all day.

AndyRM

XOXO
An early-ish wicket.

220px-Clive_Dunn-1973.png

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Scandal in the Welsh Leagues.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/41074513
The champions deliberatley lose a match to win the title. There is suggestion of match fixing!
It just isn't cricket!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Gonna be a draw. Which would have been a great result 2 days ago.
I don't think the windies will push the rate along.

Top Bottom