Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Yeah, I got that one wrong. One dropped catch was the difference.
Dropped catches cost WI more runs than England, I think.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Don't think I've ever seen so many so awful dropped catches in a match. From both sides, but as you say, the Windies edged it. Good result though, and a good test - kept you gripped right to the close. So glad the Windies didn't just fold after Edgbaston.
Another thing I'm glad about is that Root hasn't suffered damning criticism for the declaration. It was a sporting decision, it added to the excitement of the game, and it acted in the interests of the sport.

U

User482

Especially when people were widely expecting 150-180 to be beyond the Windies reach.
250+ is usually reckoned to be a tough proposition, even if we ignore all WI's problems. I couldn't understand why commentators were talking about a draw - it seemed obvious that there would be a result unless the weather intervened,

gavgav

Guru
An astonishing turn around by the Windies, from Edgbaston where they were shockingly bad. England didn't perform as well with the ball, but got to give the Windies credit where it's due.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Final test begins today.
The first ever September test match at Lords.

MikeG

Guru
And thankfully, the last time we'll ever have to suffer Henry Blofeld.

I wouldn't want to be a batsman facing the new ball out there this morning.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
cook has now dropped 3 basic slip catches in a row. 2 in the last innings and 1 this morning.
Is time catching up with him?

Top Bottom