Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I like Blowers (so to speak), did I tell you about the time he presented me with an award...

MikeG

Guru
Boycott has become an irritating cliche ridden parody of himself, and he's relentlessly negative.

But at least he knows what he is talking about, in stark contrast to Blofeld. As a fun aside, I have commentated with Blofeld on a Sunday League game, when I was injured and unable to play in it. He knows virtually nothing about what is going on in the middle, which is why he spends so much time talking about happenings outside the playing area.

green1

Über Member
cook has now dropped 3 basic slip catches in a row. 2 in the last innings and 1 this morning.
Is time catching up with him?
No such thing as a easy slip catch, I've shelled more than a few in my time. :whistle:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Simon Mann is a steady hand on the tiller and adds a different dimension as a non-former Test player.
Much as CMJ did, although not in such a posh tone!

AndyRM

XOXO
But at least he knows what he is talking about, in stark contrast to Blofeld. As a fun aside, I have commentated with Blofeld on a Sunday League game, when I was injured and unable to play in it. He knows virtually nothing about what is going on in the middle, which is why he spends so much time talking about happenings outside the playing area.

Boycott spends more time talking about his daughter's hockey team, sticks of rhubarb, his mother's apron and how he fancies a bat than he does talking about cricket.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Blofeld is there largely to commentate on what he sees, whereas Boycott is there as an expert summariser.

MikeG

Guru
Boycott spends more time talking about his daughter's hockey team, sticks of rhubarb, his mother's apron and how he fancies a bat than he does talking about cricket.

That's usually more informative than what members of the crowd are wearing or what a bloody pigeon is doing. Blofeld doesn't talk cricket because he can't. Boycott, irritating and smug as he is, at least has some insight into what is going on in the middle. I guess it's the difference between listening to the shipping forecast as a captain at sea, and listening to it in the leafy suburbs as a sign that all is well with the world.

Top Bottom