Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Here's the players' menu from Lords apparently...

Lords.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
He doesn't know what he sees, which is why we hear about the number 19 bus.......
To someone who loves but doesn't really understand the game (which I suspect is a large chunk of the audience) Blofeld in his day was a good commentator, because he could make it colourful. He should have been pensioned off years ago, though. Many of the current crop of commentators are just grey - and the main exception is Boycott, who has one topic of discussion. Himself.

Cheddar George

oober member
I like Blowers, i agree with what people have said but it is the mix of styles that makes TMS informative and entertaining. No way could i listen to any of them all afternoon which probably why i never listen to county cricket on the radio.

AndyRM

XOXO
Boycott: It's one of those low pitches. It looks really good to bat. If England bowl West Indies out for a low total, they will have done well.

Blofeld: There's been rain, it's quite chilly. It's not an easy day to play cricket.

Given Cook's dropped catch and the WI being 53/2, I know who's opinion I trust just now.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
No such thing as a easy slip catch, I've shelled more than a few in my time. :whistle:
He caught one!!!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Speaking of cricket commentators (not TMS ones), I was very pleasantly surprised by Flintoff's T20 commentary for Sky. He always struck me as a bit of an oaf and, tbh, he does play up his laddish persona. But he manages some decent critical analysis of what's going on and he is rather amusing too. He seems annoyingly natural in front of the TV

Top Bottom