Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like the public will see the game enter the fifth day, although it's a matter of a few overs at most tomorrow, I suspect.

Only a 'George Davis' incident will see England safe now. That or a massive storm.

Hmmm, interest has waned on CC in this enthralling series, it seems.

2-1 to England at present, but India on the ascendancy, I feel.

Despite breaking a finger Bairstow has been picked (as batsman only) and Buttler donning the gloves.

4th Test at Southampton. England won the toss and elected to bat and are currently 186/8.

So much for home advantage ruining Test cricket.

Sam Curran was recalled and is doing his bit with the bat. he's 43* as I type. 23 overs left in the day and I can't see them being there at stumps this evening, but it's a funny old game.

Serge

Über Member
Hmmm, interest has waned on CC in this enthralling series, it seems.

2-1 to England at present, but India on the ascendancy, I feel.

Despite breaking a finger Bairstow has been picked (as batsman only) and Buttler donning the gloves.

4th Test at Southampton. England won the toss and elected to bat and are currently 186/8.

So much for home advantage ruining Test cricket.

Sam Curran was recalled and is doing his bit with the bat. he's 43* as I type. 23 overs left in the day and I can't see them being there at stumps this evening, but it's a funny old game.
Good knocks from Curran and Ali but that top order needs to start firing or we're screwed.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I wouldn't say Curran's knock was good, I'd say it was outstanding. It's now for the England bowlers to show us how good a score India's was.
I'm not usually one for kneejerk reactions but it's very difficult to win a test with a top 5 failing to score heavily so often

Not sure what changes are needed (other than Jennings out which seems a no brained). But it seems unlikely England can win consistently with current top 5

Serge

Über Member
Too many cooks spoil a team. Alistair Cook has done his bit, I'm afraid (this coming from an Essex person). It's time to stop being sentimental and drop him, or, better still, for him to do the honourable thing.
I'm glad you said that before I did. I've felt the same for a while but it seems kind of ungrateful to express it.

The question is: do we have two openers to replace them with?

Haseeb Hameed of Lancashire showed great promise, but has suffered with broken fingers and a loss of form and confidence.

There are several others, but the one-day game has allowed flaws to come into play in the longer version of the game.

Serge

Über Member
Haseeb Hameed of Lancashire showed great promise, but has suffered with broken fingers and a loss of form and confidence.

There are several others, but the one-day game has allowed flaws to come into play in the longer version of the game.
Hameed was the only one I could think of.

Top Bottom