Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Well done Cook. A century in the final innings.

After a bit of a bash towards the end of their innings, Root declares and leaves India 464 runs to win.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think Root, having declared against W Indies and then W Indies chased it down and won, is now a very defensive declarer

400 lead, but I guess he will want another 50 at least

That was a cracking test. Only his second as captain too I think? Cook had a shocker in the field.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think Root, having declared against W Indies and then W Indies chased it down and won, is now a very defensive declarer

400 lead, but I guess he will want another 50 at least
I know there's a bit of once bitten, twice shy about it, but the series is won already and it would have been a fitting declaration when Cook was dismissed.

Well, after a good fight-back from India, they finally fell short of England's target and lost by 118 runs.

Kohli was, IMO, the player of the series, scoring consistently with big scores (although he got a golden duck in the 2nd innings - which probably brought him, and his many fans, down to earth again).

England have unearthed a new talent in Sam Curran, who performed well with both bat and ball. Cook finally came good and showed why he's 'possibly' England's best bastman, dare I say it, ever!

And hats off to James Anderson who moves into 4th place in the all-time list of most wickets taken in Test cricket.

England are far from the finished article, but there is a lot of promise for the next few years (how many times have we heard that?).

Roll on Sri Lanka and the West Indies over the coming winter.

Top Bottom