Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The weekend certainly livened up what has been a largely predictable, though still entertaining tournament.

The only real surprise (for me at least) is just how poor South Africa have been, they're playing in a way which would have just about been competitive 10 years ago! Too many players the wrong side of 30 and no real evidence of the next Amla, du Plessis or de Kock ready to take over.
Yes and Windies as well barring moments of epic batting.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes and Windies as well barring moments of epic batting.

The arse has been ripped out of West Indian cricket by basketball, which is a damn shame in my eyes. Still a fun side to watch regardless, just wildly unpredictable. I'd recommend the documentary Fire in Babylon if you've not already seen it (and even if you have!) - a cracking look at their truly fearsome efforts in the 70s/80s.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The arse has been ripped out of West Indian cricket by basketball, which is a damn shame in my eyes. Still a fun side to watch regardless, just wildly unpredictable. I'd recommend the documentary Fire in Babylon if you've not already seen it (and even if you have!) - a cracking look at their truly fearsome efforts in the 70s/80s.
It doesn’t help when England stole their best player in Jofra Archer.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
England v Oz today.

They got off to a terrible start but seem to have pulled the bowling around, so should have a reasonable target to chase.

Currently 250/6. With 5 overs left.
I wouldn’t want to chase much over 300.

AndyRM

XOXO
Given how well they started I reckon Australia are about 50 short of where they should have been.

Excellent bowling, helped by some daft decision making.

D

Deleted member 1258

Not a good start for england, Vince I thought wouldn't last, but Root!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom