Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
They think it's all over...

...it probably is now :sad:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
So, what odds favourites England not even making the semis?
Pretty good I'd say. Having said which, I can't see anyone obvious in the chasing pack. Sri Lanka? Bangladesh? But the question, surely, for 'favourites', is the odds on winning. They didn't look like the world's best today. They didn't just fold. They didn't just capitulate. But they didn't win either, or even look at any point like they believed they could.

yello

To me, it seems as though England have perhaps wanted to always win by smashing the crap out of the ball. It has worked so often that its become plan A. It's certainly been an entertaining plan! I don't know who said it during earlier games but the remark 'wickets will win this tournament not runs' seems prophetic. England need, I reckon, to stop trying to score 350+ every match.

Last edited:
Win their remaining games and they'll be through, barring a miraculous turn around in NRR for the other teams in contention.
Both india and new zealand are unbeaten so far so it's not going to be an easy task.Saying that i think we will just sneak into the top four.

yello

Looking at the matches to play, I reckon England have got their work cut out to make the semis. India get to play a big part in that too, as they play England, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Losing to Oz isn’t a big deal. That can happen to any team.

Losing to Sri Lanka and Pakistan is the worry. And the problem is that we batted well and bowled badly against Pakistan but bowled well and batted badly against Sri Lanka. So there is no pattern to our errors.

Losing Roy as an opener appears to be an issue. Vince isn’t good enough.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Having some shonky results in the group phase is no biggy. Form for teams comes and goes. I'd be more worried if we were just rolling everyone over. That can't last.
Beat India and NZ and we go into the semis in great shape to win the whole thing

Top Bottom