Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran
WTF happened? I went out on the bike for an hour & India went mad with the bat.

India deservedly win the series.
Better batting 🏏,, if Kohli didn't do it you had Rohit and Pant there to take over.
Obviously the pitches had been prepared with spin in mind and our spinners couldn't compare with the likes of Ashwin and Patel.

Quite surprised by the margin given the first test win, I expected India to take the series but thought it would be much closer. A real lack of confidence by most of the English batsmen?

Yeah - I think most of our batters can do a lot better than that. (they're going to HAVE to!) India were easily the superior side in the conditions, but it shouldn't have been *that* easy.
It's been pointed out that the epxerienced players were generally the least worst - Root, Anderson, Stokes. Perhaps they're better at putting a bad day behind them and just trusting to their skills?

newts

Veteran
It was a tight game until Tea on day 2, a couple of decisions went against England just before the break.
When play resumed India attcked with the bat & the game went away from England very quickly in that session.
I didn't get to see much this morning, but Englands 2nd innings scorecard is a worry:blush:

...but Englands 2nd innings scorecard is a worry:blush:
On paper, yes - but it was really all over by then. The problem is how they *got* to that point.

But as you hint, it can be a game of small margins. Huge disparities in the batters - just a few players on either side getting over 40, and their guys just went on to score bigger than ours. Dropped catches, dodgy LBWs etc etc ... can swing a game. But they were still better than us :P

Batting has been a problem since Sri Lanka tests, relying on Joe Root and hoping Stokes can dig us out if we get into trouble. Todays innings summed it all up quite well, always on the backfoot once our woeful openers are bowled out cheaply.

Top Bottom