Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Anybody been watching Afghanistan V Zimbabwe? I've been watching a bit on Freesport, it's been good. One of the Afghanis was 200 not out when they declared their first innings on 545 for 4. They made the Zimbaweans follow on who are now 8 runs ahead with 3 wickets remaining although the 8th wicket partnership are putting up a fight, they've added 124 since the seventh wicket fell. Afghanistan should wrap up the victory on the final day though.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Zimbabwe put up a bit of a fight in the second innings making 365, their captain making 151 not out, Afghanistan are now 25 for 1 needing another 83 runs to win.

newts

Veteran
Absolutely shocking decision on the Kohli stumping, not that it would've made a difference to the result.
Some umpire re-education required, the line belongs to the wicketkeeper:cursing:

gavgav

Guru
Anyone else played any cricket this season yet? We had our third game yesterday……..didn’t realise we were playing in December :cold::cold: 4 layers on and still frozen!

NZ were very average but with one daddy innings.
How often does a team total score fewer than 400, with one batter on 200?
err .... dunno! Can't be very often ;-) One of my pointless obsessions is looking at cricket results if you take out 1 outstanding player - it seems to be a bigger effect than any other sport. Funny how a team often gets criticised when in fact the opposing 10 players were worse; just lucky that 1 guy saved their arses! Pointless, but interesting (to me) ...

But what I do know:
Shame Conway got run out, but what an innings nonetheless.
I believe he's the first ever double-centurion to be run out!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
err .... dunno! Can't be very often ;-) One of my pointless obsessions is looking at cricket results if you take out 1 outstanding player - it seems to be a bigger effect than any other sport. Funny how a team often gets criticised when in fact the opposing 10 players were worse; just lucky that 1 guy saved their arses! Pointless, but interesting (to me) ...

But what I do know:

I believe he's the first ever double-centurion to be run out!
If you took Conway and Root out of the game we'd be well into the next innings. I wonder whether, as a ''great'' player emerges, he intimidates the others at the same time as giving them some kind of fall back, and whether this drives the imbalance. I seem to remember Stokes saying he was overawed by Root's batting ability during England's last visit to the subcontinent.

Top Bottom