Crikey. Internet Warriors.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Ha! On a Facebook group dedicated to photographs of the local area I posted a photo of four cars completely blocking a pavement a few streets away from where I live.

In the following discussion I made mention of reducing our nations reliance on cars and promoting walking, cycling and public transport. Never even mentioned that I ride a bike myself.

Here's the response from well informed respondant.

Well Sara_H you should live in our village then where bike riders often use the pavement, wheelies and such like do not constitute been in control of your bike. Do you drive by the way or just hinder motorists on the road by riding 2 abreast, not signalling etc etc. My husband has to park on the pavement as the road where I live is not wide enough to park on the road, how would you feel if your home was burning to the ground and the fire brigade or ambulance could not get to you for an inconsiderate, selfish, lazy motorist. You should not tar all drivers with the same brush just as I don't tar all bike riders with the same brush.

Theres more besides. Crikey.

classic33

Leg End Member
Someone who knows you.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Are they surrounded by roads like this or is her husband too bl**dy lazy to walk from further than right outside his house to the front door?
She has subsequently claimed that there is nowhere her husband can park within a half mile radius without blocking the pavement. I suspect they're just lazy twats, though she has assured the group she is not!

MrWill

Many a time it's the only option in this crowded country, with poorly designed roads etc. I'd never fully block a pavement. But some do.

It doesn't seem to take a lot to make her angry. My council will come out and ticket cars that park on the pavements (they have a team of camera cars). Maybe a few tickets might focus the mind?

"you should live in our village then where bike riders often use the pavement, wheelies and such like do not constitute been in control of your bike."

A
sk her if she's considered a night class in written English skills. Then crap in her handbag.

Top Bottom