Crikey. Internet Warriors.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
IANAL but pavement parking isn't illegal per se ....

Yebbut..HC Rule145:
You MUST NOT drive on or over a pavement, footpath or bridleway except to gain lawful access to property, or in the case of an emergency.
Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & RTA 1988 sect 34

(I know they're unlikely/unwilling to act unless they see it happen. Even then...)

GC

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yebbut..HC Rule145:
You MUST NOT drive on or over a pavement, footpath or bridleway except to gain lawful access to property, or in the case of an emergency.
Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & RTA 1988 sect 34

(I know they're unlikely/unwilling to act unless they see it happen. Even then...)

GC
Yebbut plod, and LA Parking enforcement drones, don't regard parking as driving on or over the the pavement...

... because the car has won! :wacko:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There are lots of residential streets in London where part on the pavement parking has been normalised by the local authority.

The roads are too narrow for on-road parking, particularly both sides, and even the leftie London boroughs realise it is unrealistic to expect residents to do without a car.

buggi

Bird Saviour
ha ha brilliant . I love winding people like this up. Ask her to provide a google street view so that you can see for yourself. Is she saying there is only one lane? If its a two way street then there's room to park on the road. Tell her if she got a bike instead of a car she wouldn't have the problem. Neither would she be fat ha ha

buggi

Bird Saviour
don't forget to tell her you don't pay road tax ! :laugh:

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
So she's not been pointed in this direction?
Not that I know of. I made a few comments about promoting walking, cycling and using public transport, next thing she's having a Jeremy Clarkson style anti cyclist rant!
I don't think non friends can see much on my profile, though my cover photo is a photo of my son riding. Bizarro!

Top Bottom