Crikey. Internet Warriors.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Err, that's a stupid idea.. No, wait it's a work of genius. Cheap sausages though.
Will veggie sausages work?

Lanzecki

Über Member
Will veggie sausages work?

Jeez :smile:

facepaw.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Why has it become acceptable to use the pavement as a parking area though?
It's the preferred method round my way. There even are signs telling you to do it. Mind you we do have wide-ish pavements, but I bet they would be awkward at best for a wheelchair user. Some parkers are more enthusiastic than others when parking on the pavement. Especially those with vans and other big vehicles (who naturally prefer to park not only on the pavement, but at junctions to maximise their visibility-blocking effect).

Being posh and bourgeous I have a garage.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
It's the preferred method round my way. There even are signs telling you to do it. Mind you we do have wide-ish pavements, but I bet they would be awkward at best for a wheelchair user. Some parkers are more enthusiastic than others when parking on the pavement. Especially those with vans and other big vehicles (who naturally prefer to park not only on the pavement, but at junctions to maximise their visibility-blocking effect).

Being posh and bourgeous I have a garage.
There's a white van man on my road who leaves enough space that I can sidle past sideways (though I hve to limbo under his wing mirror). Anyone fatter than me wouldn't get by.

She's as mad as a box of frogs:

Susan Shaw Well Sara seems you only have on opinion and that's your own so glad you don't live anywhere near me.

Bloody people on the internet, with opinions!!!!!

Reactions: 4F

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Why take issue with someone who isn't a close neighbour?

It takes to to tango and leaving an online rant unanswered would quickly quell the riot.

Susan Shaw is the indignant one, a mild remark about pavement parking and she accuses Sara of popping wheelies, riding to a breast and riding on pavements, then she says she's glad she doesn't live near someone with an opinion.

I don't think Susan Shaw hasn't got all her chairs in the dining room.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Susan Shaw is the indignant one, a mild remark about pavement parking and she accuses Sara of popping wheelies, riding to a breast and riding on pavements, then she says she's glad she doesn't live near someone with an opinion.

I don't think Susan Shaw hasn't got all her chairs in the dining room.
I thinl I was quite patient meself. I only suggested folk could catch a bus or something!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I don't believe that.

GC

A lot of poorly designed housing estates have roads that aren't wide enough for two cars to pass in opposite directions, the demands placed on roads and housing stock was never anticipated when they were built, perhaps assuming only families would live in them and they'd have only one car between them which would be parked on a drive, that and they were built to satisfy the post war baby boom and needs to replace and rebuild housing damaged in the war.

Fast forward to now where houses are often shared accommodation for several adults, each with their own car or van, but the infrastructure isn't designed to handle it.

You can easily speculate on why such a situation exists, I doubt very much that there is any political will from any mainstream party to propose any radical solution to the problem however.

Last edited:
Top Bottom