Criminal Damage Investigation - Need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Aren't we overlooking the possibility that the Police may be thinking of charging the driver and want to know what evidence they can gather?

In my experience that leads to police coming to see you, not inviting you to voluntarily attend a police station.

GC

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Let's hope this well & truly backfires on this dangerous motorist.

Would you perhaps be well-advised to bring your own complaint of careless driving against him ?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I didnt realise you had been "invited" for an interview. I am an ex police officer and I would not go. I would politely decline and suggest the officer looks at the footage. He may well decide on no further action.
On the other hand he may come and arrest you. Dont panic. But say nothing at all without the duty solicitor. Confirm your name and address and then shut up. Policemen get more information driving to a police station then they ever do in interview. They arrest you and tell you that you do not have to say anything. But people cannot shut their mouths. Shut yhe F. Up.
This sounds like it will go nowhere. Stand your ground and dont be intimidated.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I'd try really hard to persuade the dibble to prosecute the driver for his driving. They can seize the dashcam footage as evidence.

given the known location date and Google, you wouldn't have to be a copper to work out how to find the event organizer and who to contact for the details of potential candidates

That's more detective work than they are sometimes willing to do! I know someone who was knocked off, but the police declined to take it further as he only had a partial plate. I'm pretty sure the database lets you do a partial search and then narrow it down by colour and make, which he also had. But no.

What is shocking is that a driver has gone to the police complained about a cyclist hitting his van. Instead of them questioning his passing distance, instead they want to investigate the "damage" to the vehicle from a close pass.

Is there anybody below cyclists in this pecking order? :sad:

Lozz360

Veteran
What is shocking is that a driver has gone to the police complained about a cyclist hitting his van. Instead of them questioning his passing distance, instead they want to investigate the "damage" to the vehicle from a close pass.

Is there anybody below cyclists in this pecking order? :sad:
The police are only acting on the complaint from the the van driver. As others have said, the OP could do well to put in a counter claim against the driver. Case against OP will be dropped then, I bet.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Good luck with this, I myself have banged on the site of a car or two when I was endangered. I'm not proud of either incident but if I had to goto court I would happily do so.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Good luck with this, I myself have banged on the site of a car or two when I was endangered. I'm not proud of either incident but if I had to goto court I would happily do so.
"M'lud, my immediate impression, from the proximity of chummy's vehicle to me, was that chummy could not be aware I was there. Inexplicable though this was to me, given chummy had just passed me, I therefore shouted and slapped on chummy's vehicle to draw his attention to my presence. I did so in genuine fear for my life and wellbeing and I unreservedly apologise for the foul nature of my ejaculations."

Goggs

Guru

I've also had to do it many times. I have no reservations about doing so either.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not sure how his dashcam will prove you touched his van - surely pointing through the windscreen (or even a side window) wouldn't show you at the side...?

What it would show is the standard of his driving. Make sure that you insist the the copper seizes the unedited footage and views all his driving on that road (not just what the driver wants to present) before your interview and has it available for you and the solicitor to view, as it seems it would support your version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom