Criminally Underappreciated Musicians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Well, someone told me the other day about how genius Allan Holdsworth is and how he never got the fame he deserved and is very underappreciated. I've never heard his stuff so I'll reserve judgement. But if did get me thinking...

...who are genius musicians out there with not very much of a following?

Would Philip Catherine fall into this category Melvil? I seem to remember buying a multi instrument vinyl LP - all played by him and mixed together.. Guitars?

Played as a supersub for Jan Akkerman with Focus I think..?;)

Will google later and find out what I'm on about!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Melvil said:
Well, someone told me the other day about how genius Allan Holdsworth is and how he never got the fame he deserved and is very underappreciated. I've never heard his stuff so I'll reserve judgement. But if did get me thinking...

...who are genius musicians out there with not very much of a following?

Hmmmmph - all a matter of taste and of promotion tho' isn't it. Must be plenty of excellent muscians who "never see the light of day" in a fame sort of context.
Can't provide any examples as they aren't famous enough ;);)

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Aperitif said:
Would Philip Catherine fall into this category Melvil? I seem to remember buying a multi instrument vinyl LP - all played by him and mixed together.. Guitars?

Played as a supersub for Jan Akkerman with Focus I think..?;)

Will google later and find out what I'm on about!

Never heard of him but will look him up!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
John Shuttleworth - a versatile singer / songwriter from Sheffield.
'Biscuits and Confectionery' is an absolute classic IMHO.

longers

Legendary Member
Saw him (Graham Fellows aka John Shuttleworth) doing some acting in a play (which I can't remember the name of or the playwright ;)) and he was superb. It was a two person play set in a pub and between them they played a whole raft of characters. A black comedy with a serious message about trust and relationships (which I can remember:smile:).

Top Bottom