Critérium du Dauphiné 2-9 June [spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do they deliver the milk and 'papers for the locals as they ride past?
You're thinking of the Milk Race.

oldroadman

Veteran
2030 tonigt highlights of the "Nottingham Milk Race", a crit held last week in the city. Run by one Anthony Doyle, who some will remember for his exploits on the track a while ago.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
2030 tonigt highlights of the "Nottingham Milk Race", a crit held last week in the city. Run by one Anthony Doyle, who some will remember for his exploits on the track a while ago.
Ah, thanks for that. Athleticsliveontv are listing it as the1993 Milk Race and I wasn't sure if they were rerunning it as a taster for the relaunch.
2030-2130 British Eurosport 2 Cycling
1993 Milk Race, Nottingham

I missed the Milk Race in the end but it got me thinking about when I saw it come through Liverpool a couple of times and I saw another famous Manxman win the stage there. Steve Joughin, nicknamed The Pocket Rocket.

Got me wondering what had happened to him and I found this.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20101125-Interview--Pocket-Rocket-Steve-Joughin-0

oldroadman

Veteran
Runs a clothing company in Stoke, makers of Vitesse brand stuff. Provides all the ToB and Tour Series kit, the logo is onit anyway. And an all round good bloke.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
contador on a shocker... as porte passed him the difference in styles/position was huge.

contador looked arched porte nice and flat

Top Bottom