Critérium du Dauphiné 2015, June 7-14 2015 **** Spoilers ****

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Norton

Tj and froome look in great form.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
He's changed his mind now but I think he was right first time - Nibali has time in hand over Froome and he should be able to limit his losses to Froome while also reeling in Costa and Valverde on the final climb.

But we'll see!

I think I was a bit of both. I'm not sure he had the legs to stay with the others, but I'm also not sure he saw the need to.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Official website calling the GC top 5 as Van Garderen, Froome, Intxausti, Costa, S. Yates, and Teklehaimanot 40 points ahead of Meintjes in the KoM. Nibali drops out of the top 10.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think I was a bit of both. I'm not sure he had the legs to stay with the others, but I'm also not sure he saw the need to.

Yeah, spot on. The way Valverde blew on the final climb, I'm sure Nibbles could have caught him, but he didn't seem interested.

Whether Nibbles could have stayed close enough to Froome & Tejay to keep yellow, I'm not sure, but it's a moot point. He'll be more interested in July.

Impressive from Tejay. If he wins this race it will be well deserved. He might even be in contention along with Froome/Contador/Quintana/Nibali in the Tour if he can maintain this form.

Talansky looking good too. And great effort by Yates again.

Poels is showing that he could prove to be a very important signing for Sky.

Chris Norton

It could well be that Nibali's plans didn't really include winning this. The weather yesterday and the bizarre breakaway may have pushed his hand. Could just be using the race as a finisher for the tour.

Tomorrows stage still has plenty in store I reckon.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
It could well be that Nibali's plans didn't really include winning this ... Could just be using the race as a finisher for the tour.

I think that's almost certain. Nibali's shown in the past he's focused on his goals and doesn't tend to go off chasing distractions.

400bhp

Guru
It could well be that Nibali's plans didn't really include winning this. The weather yesterday and the bizarre breakaway may have pushed his hand. Could just be using the race as a finisher for the tour.

Agree to a point. However, I'd say him and Contador are streets ahead of most of the other GC'ers in terms of tactics. He would have spotted an opportunity to ride away yesterday and just went.

Top Bottom