• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Porte

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Observation mode.

Porte dragged Froome up the final climb today. I think Froome is too much inside Porte's head. Porte should have been sitting on Froome's wheel. He did not need to pull level with Aru. It's a bit like when you have a stong mate who you know can out climb you, yet you're on a good day and he's not and you can't quite believe that you are faster.

I think and hope that Porte banished those demons today by catching and riding away from Froome.

Superb performance even though he didn't win.:training:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
So we've not seen Froome so out of form so close to the Tour before. What chance? Is he taking a more focused build up or is he losing his top end.

I don't think he's lost it but what I have thought all season is that his head hasn't been right. But I was reserving judgment until we saw how he did in the Dauphiné, which has always been the race where he hits peak form in the past. And now we have seen it, I'm convinced he's not a happy bunny.

Rumours are starting to do the rounds that he's leaving Sky and I wouldn't be at all surprised. What would surprise me is if the rumours are true that he's going to BMC - wonder how Porte would feel about that, obviously they are BFFs but would it mean Porte moving back down the pecking order again?

Like Dumoulin winning the Giro, I also feel that a rider like Fuglsang winning the Dauphiné is another sign that the racing is becoming more "human".

Adam4868

Guru
Froomey not lost it,still a class rider.Theres no way he'd go to any team to play second fiddle I don't think we should right him off yet.Just because we're so used to him winning.He will come good for the tour.
The power of positive thinking !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Is this race result confirmation that Albert Accountant is now just that guy who used to win GTs?
I'm sure that itv reported Bertie held a press conference claiming that Trek had told him not to attack at the Dauphiné in order to save himself for the Tour, but I didn't find much reporting of it online so I may have fallen asleep :laugh:

Adam4868

Guru
I'm sure that itv reported Bertie held a press conference claiming that Trek had told him not to attack at the Dauphiné in order to save himself for the Tour, but I didn't find much reporting of it online so I may have fallen asleep :laugh:
You did,I saw it on the highlights last night.Really.......cant be arsed I'll save myself for the tour

Top Bottom