Critérium du Dauphiné 2019 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I too was shocked. Shocked to the very core.

I picked him for my fantasy team too. Go Eddie!

Adam4868

Guru
Pinot, Yates, Froome, Fuglsang and Quintana are all up there. Some lost 30 seconds and some are already out of contention.
Caught the last 20k on my phone at work.The main GC all looked pretty good there.Some good attacks by Pinot,but I think they all pretty much marked each other out.
As for the stage win for Teuns a much needed win for Bahrain ,felt for Martin in second I thought he'd got him !

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Pretty clear who's in contention for this one now, and it doesn't include Porte or Dumoulin. I didn't get what Dumoulin was doing, he just condemned the breakaway to eventual capture by his presence and pretty much exhausted himself in the effort. Porte really looks a shadow of his former self, and before anyone says 'yes, but he did well in the Tour of California', it's the Tour of California. Pinot looked strong today.

Adam4868

Guru
Pretty clear who's in contention for this one now, and it doesn't include Porte or Dumoulin. I didn't get what Dumoulin was doing, he just condemned the breakaway to eventual capture by his presence and pretty much exhausted himself in the effort. Porte really looks a shadow of his former self, and before anyone says 'yes, but he did well in the Tour of California', it's the Tour of California. Pinot looked strong today.
Dumoulin won't kill himself in this race so to speak.More about seeing how he's feeling.Porte ? What can you say,he's not there lately.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Dumoulin was probably "testing his knee" said Gary and Dave on the highlights.

Good second day. Nice to see some racing early on, unlike a certain other recent race...

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Didn't manage to see it but I've just read the report. Gutted to see that wanty Groupe Gobert's Guillaume Martin was pipped in the Sprint. Im glad I didnt see it. That would have been too upsetting

Don't ask me why I'm a WGG fan. I'm not really sure.

Edit. Just found the last km on Twitter. So close. And it's put me at the top of the cc fantasy league

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Sam Bennet wins stage,it almost looked like slow motion ! Did he make that look easy.Im guessing Bora regret not taking him to the Giro.

Top Bottom