Critérium du Dauphiné 2019 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
With the amount of spray flying up in riders' faces yesterday it's entirely possible Yates swallowed some cow poo and got bad guts. I'd imagine it's a problem when you're riding in a group and can't avoid the spray.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
With the amount of spray flying up in riders' faces yesterday it's entirely possible Yates swallowed some cow poo and got bad guts. I'd imagine it's a problem when you're riding in a group and can't avoid the spray.
Seems it was quite widespread. Guillaume Martin says "half the bunch"

View: https://twitter.com/GuilmMartin/status/1140324989037678596?s=19

There's a short WGG write up here:
http://wanty-gobert.be/en/content/dauphine-8-meurisse-im-proud-my-dauphine In addition to Martin being ill they had one non-starter and one early abandon on the last stage due to stomach problems.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Or, more likely perhaps, crap sloshed onto bottles before drinking from them?

I very nearly took a swig from a mucky bottle on a recent ride that turned wet. I gave it a good rinse before drinking but you would not have the chance to do that in a race.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Or, more likely perhaps, crap sloshed onto bottles before drinking from them?

I very nearly took a swig from a mucky bottle on a recent ride that turned wet. I gave it a good rinse before drinking but you would not have the chance to do that in a race.
Handlebar mounts or lidded bottles seem good ideas in bad weather.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Donoghue v. Stevenson SC (House of Lords). Well worth a Google!
Ha ha - that must be worth a prize for the most perfect but obscure reply to an off-topic post on CycleChat ever! :okay:

I told the staff in the canteen that they had given us a pint of milk with a slug in it. They told the milkman and he apologised and gave them a free crate of milk, yoghurts etc.

Top Bottom