Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Sky are leading out far too early for Thomas - that's two days running they've got it wrong. That was a tough finish with that strong headwind.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
raindog said:
Sky are leading out far too early for Thomas - that's two days running they've got it wrong. That was a tough finish with that strong headwind.

True, although I was thinking that it was deliberate, seeing as he is not a rough-and-tumble true sprinter, but a go-from-distance kind of guy? Withough Henderson, they don't really have a real sprinter. Boasson-Hagen is also okay when he's fully fit, as is Swift but neither are purists.

raindog

er.....
Flying_Monkey said:
True, although I was thinking that it was deliberate, seeing as he is not a rough-and-tumble true sprinter, but a go-from-distance kind of guy? .
Agreed, but then why lead him out as if he's a sprinter? Alot of effort for nothing really. He'd get the same result just sitting in the middle of the bunch like everyone else. Still, at least they're having a go. Hope he does well in the TT tomorrow.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
raindog said:
Agreed, but then why lead him out as if he's a sprinter? Alot of effort for nothing really. He'd get the same result just sitting in the middle of the bunch like everyone else. Still, at least they're having a go. Hope he does well in the TT tomorrow.

Look at the points standings.

I think they are trying to get him there or thereabouts on most days.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
raindog said:
Yes of course - he's in green - forgot that!

Not quite after today, but he will be if he keeps this up on a variety of stages. Let's see. If he doesn't, I'll be quite happy to say that Sky just had stupid tactics!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
philipbh said:
CK is off to cover the Le Man 24 Hour - didnt catch the name of his replacement though

Anthony McCrossan - well meaning but amateurish.

lukesdad

Interesting TT today,watching bertie keep pushing himself back into his saddle, can t say ive ever seen that before :biggrin: Something fundamently wrong there me thinks.

raindog

er.....
Well, he was on a new bike - don't think he was fully comfortable with it. Fantastic ride from Brajkovic. Millar nicely placed on general.

Big day in the mountains tomorrow. :biggrin:

BigSteev

philipbh said:
CK is off to cover the Le Man 24 Hour - didnt catch the name of his replacement though

Christ I hope not! Mind you I'll probably combine Eurosport pics with Radio LeMans anyway.

Top Bottom