criterium du daupine (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Shame for Cataldo.

Pierre Latour looked very strong in support of Bardet. Bodes well for the Tour - although there are much tougher stages to come...

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I don't think he will run alongside the riders again do you :laugh:

bpsmith

Veteran
G is looking like a different rider right now. Leaner and more sprightly. Flew up to the line still in the big ring.

Not sure he’s at Froomes level, but hoping he gets a good chance at the Tour this year. Change of team in order otherwise, or he’ll never get the chance.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It appears the BBC were reporting Tony Martin as the winner for about half an hour after the race.

The article has been corrected but the reader comments make it clear.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44419722

4557384E-A7D8-464E-9D9D-DBAB7A76EA3E.png

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Watching today's stage on Eurosport, I was pleased to see that the rough patches on the lower section of the Cormet de Roselend descent have been resurfaced, some time after August 2017 when I last rode it, obviously on account of the impending return of the Tour de France to what's possibly my favourite Alpine climb.

Should make my annual pilgrimage to Bourg St Maurice and its environs even more enjoyable this August, as some of those ruts were severe and quite vicious at Alpine-descending speed, especially when difficult to see in the shadows, or when traffic coming the other way prevented avoidance.

Also good to see the Dauphine going back up over the Roselend in the opposite direction tomorrow....and I note that in the lower part of the northern descent, to famous-for-its-cheese Beaufort, the organisers have elected to chuck in a third category climb up the Cote de la Route des Villes, which until now has never made it onto my radar.

Cormet de Roselend aficionados will remember what happened on the southern descent to Bourg in 1996, when Johan Bruyneel (spit) sailed off into space at a particularly dodgy bend, somehow managing to avoid serious injury going down a hefty vertical drop. I always have a good look over the precipice and down what he fell down every time I go by, marvelling at how much it would hurt if luck wasn't with you that day, and I make sure I refresh my memory as to the precise location of the bend for when I come back down from the top. Check these videos out!

Last edited:
Top Bottom