criterium du daupine (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sustaining that for 3 weeks has always been his downfall. One jour sans, one crash.......

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Sustaining that for 3 weeks has always been his downfall. One jour sans, one crash.......
He lost time today but I didn't see the problem - just got in the pub at the time and there was no sound. G is a getting better year by year and Adam Yates must be a serious TdF contender. Teo Geoghegan Hart must be a future GC man himself.

Not a lot of quality opposition this year though, which takes nothing away from the win but I do wonder if the Dauphine is not the draw it was.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He lost time today but I didn't see the problem - just got in the pub at the time and there was no sound. G is a getting better year by year and Adam Yates must be a serious TdF contender. Teo Geoghegan Hart must be a future GC man himself.
He had a puncture with 40k to go. Is that when you saw him lose time?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

Also he can’t do the really steep gradients.

bpsmith

Veteran
Froome couldn’t sustain it for 3 weeks if he was actually doing the work day in day out. G hasn’t been given a real chance to enjoy that yet. Being taken out by a police motorcycle didn’t really help when he was set to lead.

Adam4868

Guru
Froome couldn’t sustain it for 3 weeks if he was actually doing the work day in day out. G hasn’t been given a real chance to enjoy that yet. Being taken out by a police motorcycle didn’t really help when he was set to lead.
LOL......

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the first bit but he's been co leader and leader on two or three occasions now in GT's and he's never finished in the top ten. Yeah you could point to bad luck and the need to sacrifice himself or a bad day but those are all things he needs to avoid, which is not to say he can't do it, I just think it's unlikely, as much as I like him. He'd got quite a Palamares already with Paris-Nice and now the Dauphine as well as one day and track success.

bpsmith

Veteran
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the first bit but he's been co leader and leader on two or three occasions now in GT's and he's never finished in the top ten. Yeah you could point to bad luck and the need to sacrifice himself or a bad day but those are all things he needs to avoid, which is not to say he can't do it, I just think it's unlikely, as much as I like him. He'd got quite a Palamares already with Paris-Nice and now the Dauphine as well as one day and track success.
I just meant that if Froome wasn’t protected for 3 weeks then he would fade too.

You’re right that G has not proved himself at a GT. I am hoping his luck will change this year, although Froome will pull rank in the final week again, no doubt.

Top Bottom