Critical Mass London Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Valiant

Valiant

Veteran
I'll be in my halloween get up, so come dressed up!

OP
OP
Valiant

Valiant

Veteran
Before the court case and SOCPA, there wasn't that many police. But then they turnt up in force in the hope of intimidating some people into not attending. These days they use it as a training excercise for cycle cops from London and it's surrounding boroughs. It also conviniently lines up with the end of the month, so they use it to errr... meet targets :evil:

spindrift

You do sometimes get chavvy kids on stunt bikes with pegs who take the piss. Either the bill or CM regulars have a quiet word if they start being arses. The whole thing's incredibly good natured and you wouldn't believe how stirring the drumming can be. Dunno if it was you Valliant, who had the GWB speeches mixed with hardcore techno but verily it did rock.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Sorry dude, I couldn't make it, had to be in Cambridge!

I went. It was a happy, carefree event. Bigger turnout than I expected. Less corralled and shepherded by the police than previous events recently - I had the impression that they were less organised than before.

We went up over the IMAX roundabout, along the Strand, the Mall, Hyde Park corner, and were heading down Oxford Street when I peeled off for Victoria and the train home.

Low points: seeing two taxi-drivers deliverately drive at cyclists and hit them.

High points: that recumbent sound-system getting everyone doing the Monster Mash in Trafalgar Square; turning off a BMW moped's ignition after he had deliberately barged into the Mass looking for trouble.

On balance, a very good night and a good turn out with a happy crowd.

leoc

I was there; another excellent mass, well friendly again :sad: Seemed much faster at times than the two previous ones I've been to, not sure if this is a good or bad thing, nice to have the variety I think. Only downer was some Neanderthal chucking a drinks tray into the ride from the pavement.

Thing that has made me laugh on all of them so far is hecklers shouting 'get a job!'; I can't get the logic in that at all xx( why would riding a bike say anything about whether we're employed or not:wacko::tongue:

Smeggers

So you ride about the middle of London, dossing about, blocking the traffic and upsetting cabbies?

Just one question, why?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Smeggers said:
So you ride about the middle of London, dossing about, blocking the traffic and upsetting cabbies?

Just one question, why?

Upsetting cabbies is enough reason to get out of bed most days......

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Twenty Inch said:
All Saints?

If you get this joke, you're probably Catholic.

I'm going to try and come, it'll be my birthday CM.

I'm not Catholic (well, I'm half)

please explain?

Top Bottom