Critique my ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trillian

depends how you ride a normal upright, i'm often leant forward sprinting to set off

i'm also not the most stable person until i've gotten going / gotten used to the bikes handling.

Cab

Nothing much wrong with how you rode in that video. If I were being picky, I'd say that you could be more assertive at traffic islands (thats already been raised, it shows at the first island in the video), but really without knowing the road I can't say whether I'd take the same position as you or a bit wider.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Cheers! Coming the other way, there's no question that I need to own the whole lane. Not only is it a tiny bit narrower, but there's the T-junction, and a second island.

I've tried owning the lane on and off through the first pinch point, and I've slowly come to the conclusion that it's plenty wide enough that I probably only need to do it if there's a wide or fast vehicle wanting to come through. There seems plenty of room for a normal car to pass, and to leave me enough room to feel comfortably safe. Compare the green car passing through the pinch point with the silver car passing me with oncoming traffic 500m further on. I'm almost thinking there's more reason for primary through that stretch than through the pinch point.

Top Bottom