Critique my riding.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I wouldn't say "cracked" so much as "made it round"!

I ended up following a group round for some of the lap, so I had the chance to see a lot of people go through T,D & H before I got to go. I would say warewolf drops has more faceplant potential. There was a lot of climbing, but the decents make up for it.

Motozulu

Über Member
Strange how we all have different phobias, I barely notice werewolf these days, yet every time I appraoch T,D and H there is a definite tightening of the sphincter! S'pose that's cos of the bad off. I approached too slow and stalled halfway down one of them, unfortunately (clipped in) toppled the wrong way and went for a long slide on my face down the hill. :laugh:

Motozulu

Über Member
Same here I'd say - I ain't the greatest on rock gardens (hence the TD and H fall) plus I don't do the Monkey much these days as I prefer the off piste trails around the Chase. Funnily enough though I had the whole day at Degla yesterday and did every black option/ trail there was off the reds, though none of them were as technical as Singe Noir (imo).

3rd time at Llandegla and it is the best trail centre within reach of the midlands I think - much more 'fun' than the Donkey.

Shadowfax

I think the OP has spectacularly missed the point of off road riding, however before he berates me.... bless! For enjoying himself.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Care to enlighten us @Shadowfax ?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Ok, I'll bite . It looks to me like @PaulSecteur is a) riding, b) a bike , c) off road. He appears very much to be enjoying himself, and challenging himself to ride more adventurously on the trail that has been built for that purpose near to where he lives. Would you like to explain how that is "spectacularly missing the point" @Shadowfax ? Two people have now asked the same question. Perhaps you would like to answer the questions, as they are genuinely mean to discover why you posted what you did. I for o e think you may have something interesting to say about your personal opinion of what MountainBiking is all about, but at the moment it just appears that you are being a bit negative.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Ok, I'll bite . It looks to me like @PaulSecteur is a) riding, b) a bike , c) off road. He appears very much to be enjoying himself, and challenging himself to ride more adventurously on the trail that has been built for that purpose near to where he lives. Would you like to explain how that is "spectacularly missing the point" @Shadowfax ? Two people have now asked the same question. Perhaps you would like to answer the questions, as they are genuinely mean to discover why you posted what you did. I for o e think you may have something interesting to say about your personal opinion of what MountainBiking is all about, but at the moment it just appears that you are being a bit negative.

Nail on the head there!

Im not sure if he means i should get get XC race lycra, or if he means im trying too hard and should chill at the cafe and do more talking than riding.

When im on my bike im having fun. I dont bully slower riders and i try not to hinder faster ones. After that, im not overly concerned what other riders or forum jockeys think of me.

Motozulu

Über Member
I've heard the view in the past that trail centre riding isn't 'real' MTBing. I hope shadowfax isn't about to come out with the same old tired rubbish. I do both trail centre and off piste stuff and people who look down on trail centre riding are, IMO of course, just bike snobs.

Of course he hasn't actually said as such so I'll hold fire a bit. :tongue:

Cubist

Still wavin'
We'll probably have to wait until she answers to be honest. Shame really, because she occasionally hints that she has quite a bit of Mtb experience to share.

Top Bottom