Croix de fer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
I could also do the same to the Temple and get it under 10kg!!! For a steel frame with a Brooks saddle on it, that's quite outstanding, and it's cheaper than the croix de fer 30

Good point!

I suppose if I was in your shoes I would need to remind myself I've got a top end "race" bike and I'd want whatever I get next to be different enough to have a seperate use. It's so easy to stress about weight but once you're moving it makes sod all difference getting from A to B. I had my Croix De Fer loaded up and tipping the scales at 45kg a few weeks back. It took me a little longer than normal but I had just as much fun.

OP
OP
C

Chris Long

Im split between both. Someone on our club bash said why do I want steel? get a Cannondale CAADX. But the whole point of this bike is to make me ride differently. I'm often out smashing it at 24mph thinking when was the last time I went out and looked around at the landscape!!! its just a blur usually.

I like both the Croix de Fer and the Temple. But at that price, and coming in a bit cheaper, the retro look of the Temple may well win. I just emailed them and said it may feel like more of a tourer compared to the CDF. They reckon its more the other way round. They do gravel races on them. Not that that's what I want to do but makes you think. I have a 44 mile round trip commute. Fine in the summer on a quick road bike, but in winter...

OP
OP
C

Chris Long

hmmm, interesting, noooo no no no no, no more choices!!!! :-)

I love the Temple, my heart says the Temple
My head says the Croix de Fer if I can get the 30 at 1700

vickster

Legendary Member
@ianrauk has a Planet X discbraked Ti, not sure which, he rides distance at speed but not racing

Is a single chain ring gravel bike actually race oriented?

Top Bottom