Croix de fer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The CdF has a shorter stem but it has a higher headtube length, the top tube length will be down to a longer wheelbase and different BB geometry. I think the one you've ordered will fit. I think you'd probably fit on the one above but if you've often felt stretched out then the XS will probably be right. Mythtse is right when he says the greater drop to you Colnago bars will make a difference, you won't get that with the CdF, so it won't feel as far away.

OP
OP
C

Chris Long

And order cancelled. Back to square one. Not convinced so I do appreciate people making me rethink. I feel the small is the one I need.

vickster

Legendary Member
Leamington spa, there is a local shop that can get a rest ride. But then if I mess them around asking for a small and XS then walk away its a bit rude
It is indeed. Unless you can sit on one. Halifax isn’t toooo far away ;)

I think you’ll certainly struggle to find two identical bikes that are of different genres so you’ll need to get something almost right and then tweak

You can always have a frank discussion with the LBS about price before you take up their time

Last edited:

mythste

Veteran
If you have a reason to come up to North Manchester (Littleborough) I have a Croix De Fer, an Equillibrium, and an Argon 18 Gallium all in size 54 you're welcome to have a scoot about on.

OP
OP
C

Chris Long

I may just end up paying over the 1000 voucher which is what i had expected to do anyway :-/

OP
OP
C

Chris Long

Quite funny now, im back in the which bike vortex.

CDF 20 £1350
Hap y to pay that but unfortunately the only colours are black and yellow, neither of which do it want.

The CDF 10 is too heavy

So it looks like I'm going to go way over budget for the CFD 30, or slightly cheaper, the Temple adventure disc, just because it is so lovely looking.

mythste

Veteran
Quite funny now, im back in the which bike vortex.

CDF 20 £1350
Hap y to pay that but unfortunately the only colours are black and yellow, neither of which do it want.

The CDF 10 is too heavy

So it looks like I'm going to go way over budget for the CFD 30, or slightly cheaper, the Temple adventure disc, just because it is so lovely looking.

CDF 10 is only 400g heavier. Replace the tubes (Best £/kg upgrade there is) and have a poo.

OP
OP
C

Chris Long

I could also do the same to the Temple and get it under 10kg!!! For a steel frame with a Brooks saddle on it, that's quite outstanding, and it's cheaper than the croix de fer 30

vickster

Legendary Member
I could also do the same to the Temple and get it under 10kg!!! For a steel frame with a Brooks saddle on it, that's quite outstanding, and it's cheaper than the croix de fer 30
For under 2k you could get titanium...just saying :whistle:

Top Bottom