Cross on Bike Channel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great to see cross on tv, they appear to have only acquired the rights to one particular series but great to see all the same. The speed and technical agility of the top riders is amazing. And the men's and women's races are equally exciting. Though I notice the girls don't seem to bunny hop the 40 cm hurdles like the men - curious.

oldroadman

Veteran
Not quite so strong in the upper body, and maybe the barriers are a bit high for them. Also it might simply be that they can get over quicker by running as building up to a risky hop may actually be slower, plus a chance of a fall.

U

User169

Great to see cross on tv, they appear to have only acquired the rights to one particular series but great to see all the same. The speed and technical agility of the top riders is amazing. And the men's and women's races are equally exciting. Though I notice the girls don't seem to bunny hop the 40 cm hurdles like the men - curious.

Not all of the men bunny hop.

I love watching cross. I get Belgian TV, so at this time of the year can usually watch live racing most Sats and Suns.

Vos has just come back to cross racing and won yesterday.

oldroadman

Veteran
Great races today, glad to see a change from sand. How on earth do the guys bunny hop those drainage ditches ! Van der Poel tweeting that he's ok.
The ditch "hop" is not a full one, it's just enough to get on the slope of the other side as near as possible to the top, and then press very hard on the pedals! the skill, strength and speed of some of the top riders has to be seen close up to be believed. Or when they fly past and lap you just after half distance (T-shirt, etc..).
Great fun to race for fitness and winter condition, chilly hard work if you make a living at it! :banghead:

oldroadman

Veteran
Great to see MvdP is OK, that fall looked a bit awkward and could easily have been a broken bone - he was flying at the time and simply got it a bit wrong. The line between triumph and disaster is a very fine one at that level.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Bike Channel - Wots that ?

lyn1

Über Member
Have watched a few decent programmes on Bike which is a nice addition, although this will be dramatically offset by the loss of all Eurosport Channels on Sky packages, which will remove much of the road racing.

Have watched a few decent programmes on Bike which is a nice addition, although this will be dramatically offset by the loss of all Eurosport Channels on Sky packages, which will remove much of the road racing.
just took out the Eurosport player, 12 months for 19.99. Offer on till end of Jan.

Top Bottom