Crossfire hybrid 2.0 Rear disc brakes Jammed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mman

Hi
Newbie here looking for some advice
I have a carera hybrid 2.0 and whilst on road the rear brake got jammed all of a sudden.They are so jammed that i cannot even press the brake level
Upon checking the rear calipers i am able to move it manually however i cannot press the lever .I have tried to loosen the hydraulic hose to no vail

Not sure where to start ?

Any resources or videos much appreciated

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Gently try and prise the pads away from the disks. Sounds like the pistons moved out, or one anyway, and didn't release and is jammed aganist the disk. Use a wide blade flat screwdriver or similar. You'll only need to move it a fraction to get the wheel spinng unless something else is seriously amiss as well.

TimWinters

Regular
I've looked at the spec for the current Crossfire 2. The specs say that you have cable brakes specifically Tektro M280 for the 2020 model. I'm guessing that there is a frayed cable, if not a bust up cable somewhere. I fixed a set of these brakes on a friend's Carrera Ebike. On both brakes the cables were fraying at the adjuster on the brake caliper. There was a small burr of metal on the end of the adjusters. This was a very dangerous fault. The burr was filed off, and he didn't have any more problems. I wonder if you have a similar problem.

Top Bottom