Crossings - South Coast of Wales to Cornwall?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pkeenan

Über Member
I'm wondering whether anyone here would know of a local boat/ferry company that may do a crossing from anywhere along the South coast of Wales (Pembroke right along to Cardiff, essentially) to anywhere along the coastal stretch from Bristol to Penzance?

If there is information about it online, I don't seem to be able to find it - but it would strike me as odd if the *only* way from one to the other is to go right around... So I am hoping some general/local knowledge from you all might help me out. All the information about crossings there are going abroad. I was wondering whether I might try a local fisherman?

corshamjim

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Sadly it doesnt look as if the Swansea Ilfracombe link is going to happen. I am not surprised to be honest ,how many people would want to make that journey ?hard to see it being profitable year round.

Je ta Dawes

The Severn Link Swansea Ilfracombe ferry was too big to fit through the lock in Swansea marina – bit of an over-sight that... The Waverly and Balmoral steam ships are both ok to take bikes but only run on certain days between a variety of ports so you are either lucky or have to plan your trip around the sailings. We've tried to talk a friendly sailor into taking us across before now but with not much success. If there are enough of you, could always try and charter a boat, there are several companies that hire out (with crews) from Swansea though they aren’t cheap.

Top Bottom