Crud Roadracer Mk2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Mine are rubbing slightly on a Secteur with the tektro brakes,more adjusting to do but it's only minor.
They are very tight at the brakes though,apparently the 105 brakes have more clearance so i'll be looking to upgrade soon.
The bit that protects the front mech is very good,and the rear flap covers quite a lot too.
Not sure the front one is all that better than the Raceblade,but the rear definately is an improvement.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just fitted my MK2s to my TCR.
Can't get the long rear tail straight and stable so have abandoned it in favour of the shorter flap... which looks sexier anyway!
Bit of a fiddle to get on, but once fitted seem pretty good, no rattles from my short test run and it looks like the rain over the next few days will give 'em quite a test.
Look smart on the bike.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Just fitted my MK2s to my TCR.
Can't get the long rear tail straight and stable so have abandoned it in favour of the shorter flap... which looks sexier anyway!
Bit of a fiddle to get on, but once fitted seem pretty good, no rattles from my short test run and it looks like the rain over the next few days will give 'em quite a test.
Look smart on the bike.

On my Mk 1s I had to put a bit of electrical tape in the joint to angle the tail piece away from the tyre a bit. If you cut it neatly it doesnt show when the two pieces are joined together.

potsy

Rambler
On my Mk 1s I had to put a bit of electrical tape in the joint to angle the tail piece away from the tyre a bit. If you cut it neatly it doesnt show when the two pieces are joined together.
Think i'll be having to bodge mine up to get a good fit tbh,still rubbing a bit,have resorted to using the 'new' improved bit that protects the front mech only on the rear and cable tying it in position,then put my raceblade on as well that way most of the wheel is covered apart from a small section under the brake.
Front is not quite sitting in the middle but is not too bad.Will sort it out better at weekend.

colinr

Fitted some Mk1s today. Took me an hour, not the 5 minutes the video made it look like. Front bit on the front wheel points off centre though. Apparently changing the direction of the "reusable" cable tie is enough to correct it but I may have done it a bit tight for reusable to be true!

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Mine are rubbing slightly on a Secteur with the tektro brakes,more adjusting to do but it's only minor.
They are very tight at the brakes though,apparently the 105 brakes have more clearance so i'll be looking to upgrade soon.
The bit that protects the front mech is very good,and the rear flap covers quite a lot too.
Not sure the front one is all that better than the Raceblade,but the rear definately is an improvement.

Hmm i notice they have some more in stock now on Wiggle (they didn't yesterday) think i'll bite the bullet and buy some for my secteur and hope with enough fidddling i can get enough clearance with the Tektra brakes.

Just fitted a set to the Boardman, been out on test run and no rattles. Only adjustment I need to do is get the front section over front wheel more central,pointing to right at moment. Anyone tell me how to centralise it? from what I understand its to do with the tie clip around the brake bolt, not sure though
wacko.gif
. Must say looks really good though on bike

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anyone tell me how to centralise it? from what I understand its to do with the tie clip around the brake bolt, not sure though
wacko.gif
On the video above, 'Mister Crud' explains that you should try taking the cable tie out and putting it in the other way round.
I've got a pair of Mk2 Roadracers which I will be fitting tomorrow. I've been putting off doing it for a couple of weeks now, but I need the bike ready for a potentially wet forum ride on Saturday.

potsy

Rambler
Just fitted a set to the Boardman, been out on test run and no rattles. Only adjustment I need to do is get the front section over front wheel more central,pointing to right at moment. Anyone tell me how to centralise it? from what I understand its to do with the tie clip around the brake bolt, not sure though
wacko.gif
. Must say looks really good though on bike

This is what my front one is doing also,more fiddling required.
Oi no talk of rain for Saturday please Col
tongue.gif

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I found that when I had the tektro calipers on my secteur elite the nose wouldnt point central and it you look and the center of the calipers the arms seem to push the nose out to one side, also went I braked the nose would move because of the angle of the arms at the central point. To fix it I used a dremel and made a groove across the top of the crud where the caliper arms where fouling it.

I have noticed that once I put on the 105 calipers there is more clearence and the central point of the arms seems to be flatter so doesnt foul the nose as much.

jayonabike