Cruise control yes or no ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Are you a user or non user of cruise control ?

Use to look upon it as a gimmick , but as the years have passed I use it more often.

Last edited:

Broadside

Guru
User here, I like it. Especially for fuel economy as it stops over compensating on hills and accidentally accelerating even by 1-2mph. Also prevents inadvertent speed increases which can sometimes happen on long drives.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
You're either on the throttle, or on the brakes. Anything else is pointless, obvs. How does cruise control help with that?
err .....because maintaining a constant speed is more economical than accelerating and braking

yes I use it a lot, for the economy reasons and to make sure i don't inadvertently trip a speed camera, and for comfort on a long journey, means you can move you leg around a bit.

err .....because maintaining a constant speed is more economical than accelerating and braking

yes I use it a lot, for the economy reasons and to make sure i don't inadvertently trip a speed camera, and for comfort on a long journey, means you can move you leg around a bit.
Only really true on a flat road. On roads with dips and climbs, manual is more economical, depending on the driver, obviously. :okay:

byegad

Legendary Member
I use it all of the time, well 95% of the time. Our last few cars came with standard CC, the latest has Radar too. While you can select normal CC I use the radar on all trips. It will stop the car, not quite as smoothly as I do but close if the car in front stops. As has been said it's good for economy, and enables me to keep a close watch on hazards rather than the speedo, so preserving my licence, as well as making me safer in traffic, because I'm looking up 100% of the time.
A touch on some steering wheel buttons engages/disengages/adjusts the control, as does a touch on the brakes. Nothing to dislike in my book, after all it's not compulsory to use it.

Top Bottom