Crystals and gems hobby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Certain people have crystals next to their bed claiming they’ll heal them in some way. I’m no expert but imagine they are full of silicone which is probably fairly conductive. They must have been used in early radio equipment. I don’t know much about the topic but I’ve seen some crystals which look amazing with the most crazy colours and patterns. As I’m open minded and some are very expensive maybe there is something in healing properties. I’ve heard of a lady who’d lay all hers out under a full moon to charge them! :O Anyone have a big crystal on their bedside table?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
No, but I do have a flat piece of stone about the size of a coaster that I picked up on a beach in Shetland. It has some spangly bits in it. If I ever take a drink to bed with me I use it as a coaster.

a.twiddler

Veteran
No, but I do have a flat piece of stone about the size of a coaster that I picked up on a beach in Shetland. It has some spangly bits in it. If I ever take a drink to bed with me I use it as a coaster.

Probably the most likely way that something like that, crystalline or not, will help you to sleep.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's a crystal meth 'crackhead' near to my flat. Does his 'hobby' count? :whistle:

They're not full of anything. Silicone is not conductive. Quartz - silicon dioxide - can be made into crystal frequency standards due to its piezoelectric properties, but has no other properties I'm aware of.

Silica or silicates are just minerals with impurities which often provide the colours. So basically they're often just silica with impurities. That's silicon dioxide with various m other oxides as minor constituents.

So they're basically using various impure quartz crystals to give them the deluded idea they're being healed or protected.

I've got four rubber erasers, if you put them under the leg of your bed it adjusts the vibrations of the earth taking out harmful vibrations to help you sleep. I'll sell them to you for the bargain price of £499.99. That's reduced from £999.99 for a limited time only. Please give me you credit card details and I'll send it to you along with a lifetime of spam selling you increasingly wild claiming items as you've been marked out as gullible! :laugh:

Sorry, but the only benefit is placebo and the fact beachside touristy shops will be making money selling polished beach combed minerals. But keep on with your good vibrations!

Top Bottom