CTC Birthday Rides

Discussion in 'Cycling Clubs' started by gom, 13 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. gom

gom Active Member

Very sad to see a return to Yarnfield this year, easily my (& many others’) least favourite of the last several years. Don’t know quite why but local cycling was really quite boring & Cannock Chase, sold as a high point, had loads of traffic.
    Don’t know how much interest the BRs are to this forum, but I enjoy the week’s camping with other cyclists of all sorts.
    Not this year alas, I wouldn’t go if you paid me.

2. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

I'm not sure where you cycled that made it boring . This is in my area and there's plenty of quiet little roads and lanes and theres really different terrain depending on which direction you head.

3. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

If anyone is going to Yarnfield this year find your way to The Anchor in High Offley for a superb pint of 6X or cider in a lovely old pub..

4. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

I have often done the Birthday Rides, as I have a group of cyclist friends that I only meet up with then. Haven't been to Yarnfield yet though.

5. OP
    OP
    gom

gom Active Member

“Boring” a bit unfair, but following the official routes we seemed to spend a lot of time on not always quiet lanes getting somewhere rather than enjoying the ride. Had of course been spoiled by Cornwall, Suffolk, Eden Valley previously (all better than my immediate locale), but, at least among the group of us who sat in the bar moaning, it lacked that certain something.

Can’t remember the weather - possibly a grey overcast week?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice