CTC forum thread on 'Charity' status

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tompy

Would it help if Newsnet were at the appropriate time* "inundated" with requests for them, in the interest of balance, to include a link to the "nay" website?

It would require a co-ordinated approach but that shouldn't be too difficult.

*The appropriate time being when everyone's received Cycle and has the form to hand to be able to vote against the resolution.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
no it wouldn't. Let's just hope the CTC forum doesn't get straightened.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Just got Newsnet. Rumours that this issue was to be where the Yes campaign pulls out the big guns were unfounded. Or perhaps minds were changed by the growing No campaign? Can Dellzeqq tell us more?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I read Newsnet from bit to byte but not a word on the Special Resolution and how it will being about peace in our time, motherhood and apple pie. But it prompted me to go on the Charity Commissioners website and tread up on the Trust's objectives/plans etc. More worried than ever now. imo the only thing the Trust is interested in about CTC Members is their debit card numbers.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
locking that thread was a bit clumsy to say the least. A conspiracy theorist would have a field day but I'm much more a cock-up man myself.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well, that is, as they say, interesting. The CTC Forum received word from Kevin Mayne, re-ordering the forum to line up with the new webpages on the National Office website that went live yesterday afternoon..........but no Newsnet blurb. There was I, finger hovering over the button and....nothing. I've no idea why.

The Peeps are beavering their way through the NO's ten pages (I passed out after reading the schlock on Member Groups that somehow failed to explain how Member Groups were supposed to keep in touch with members on 18p per member per year...) preparing a response for the soon-to-be-relaunched savethectc blog.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
MacB said:
Is that the blog some guy set up that's about as clear as mud?

You think so? It's fairly clear if you start at Home and work through it chronologically. I suppose it's the nature of blogs to present things backwards, so to speak. Looks like it's an interim thing while they get the website together. Anyway, at time of writing it's the only 'against' source in the Further Reading links section...

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
theclaud said:
You think so? It's fairly clear if you start at Home and work through it chronologically. I suppose it's the nature of blogs to present things backwards, so to speak. Looks like it's an interim thing while they get the website together. Anyway, at time of writing it's the only 'against' source in the Further Reading links section...

I was referring to the blog response put together by, john Catt I think, are we talking about the same thing?

Top Bottom