CTC insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Does their third party cover stretch to compensating someone (me, in this instance:angry:) if another member crashes into the back of you and trashes your bike:angry::sad::sad:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
If they've got insurance - you should be able to claim from them. I think.

You alright rich?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
threebikesmcginty said:
If they've got insurance - you should be able to claim from them. I think.

You alright rich?

I'm fine, with a bruise or two but the bikes in a sorry state!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cycling along the prom (tiddley om pom pom) when I'm clatterred into from the rear which has writen off the Mavic Ksyirium wheel, derailleur and more to the point it has bent the rear hanger (non-replaceable:rolleyes::sad:) quite badly. Its aluminium and the first LBS I have tried have said they wouldn't dare to try to straighten it.
The clatterer is a CTC member but I'm not sure whether the insurance works in this sort of case.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
Cycling along the prom (tiddley om pom pom) when I'm clatterred into from the rear which has writen off the Mavic Ksyirium wheel, derailleur and more to the point it has bent the rear hanger (non-replaceable:sad::rolleyes:) quite badly. Its aluminium and the first LBS I have tried have said they wouldn't dare to try to straighten it.
The clatterer is a CTC member but I'm not sure whether the insurance works in this sort of case.

Do you mean it's difficult to find, or that it's not detachable from the frame? If the former I might be able to help. My friend Dr Evil can make mech hangers in whatever shape is needed...

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I am guessing this is on the Scott CR 1 with the non replaceable hanger ? Sorry to hear that Rich

4F said:
I am guessing this is on the Scott CR 1 with the non replaceable hanger ? Sorry to hear that Rich

Good point Tony - what a bummer rich! :blush:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
One way to get compenstated is to send the bill to the offender. If they are insured they then send it to their insurer. Otherwise you chase the offender - maybe even to the small claims court. If you are insured by the CTC they should support your claim I think and provide a solicitor to see it all sorted. Unless it was a club run, in which case it may be deemed a risk you were all happy to accept (there was a case like that which went to court and the judge ruled if you ride in a group then that's at your own risk).

Main thing is you are OK

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I established that he's in the CTC so I'll give that route a try. The hanger is as 4F says but thanks Claudine, I'll bear it in mind in future.
I notice that the newer versions of the CR1 Pro have a replaceable hanger. I won't buy another bike without!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
I established that he's in the CTC so I'll give that route a try. The hanger is as 4F says but thanks Claudine, I'll bear it in mind in future.
I notice that the newer versions of the CR1 Pro have a replaceable hanger. I won't buy another bike without!

Bugger.

Top Bottom