CTC's new chief exec appointed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
chap called Seabright from the RHS. Apparently he's got experience with 'membership charities'. And he's run Stonehenge, which will stand him in good stead when he meets the Councillors. All in all it looks they've decided to play very safe.

On the plus side the RHS is a very well run outfit. You get your money's worth. They've spread themselves about the regions, and their communications are far, far superior to the CTC's (which may or may not be too difficult). And the RHS has a really big membership (Ken, may his vines be fruitful and his compost rot with vigour, is a member, and makes the point that they've got more members in London than all of the political parties put together). Of course they've benefited greatly from inheritances, but their commitment to education lifts them way above outfits like the National Trust.

He's got to get the membership gee'd up a bit, and make them feel it's all worthwhile. And he may, just may persuade the Councillors a bit of openness would pay dividents.
Who knows, he may be the chappie for the job.

One thing, though. It was never, ever going to be a woman.

Well reading this, it seems as though Mr Seabright fell on his sword at the RHS but in fact, there is very little available about him on Google, so I know not.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Looks to be him

CV and statements from RHS sound like a tale of someone who didn't get the top job after acting up and walked, probably with a nice compromise agreement to tide him over.

Could be just the candidate to make a difference; running his own shop for the first time.

Does he cycle?
This from the CTC newsletter

Gordon gets the job!
CTC is delighted to announce the appointment of Gordon Seabright as its new Chief Executive. Gordon, who will take up the post at the beginning of March, has previously worked for a number of high profile charities: he was the Acting Director General of The Royal Horticultural Society and the Commercial Director of English Heritage, where he was in charge of Stonehenge. He lives in Wiltshire with his wife and two teenage daughters. Gordon said: "CTC has an enormously important role to play as the champion for cycling and cyclists, and I feel very honoured to be joining the team. Cycling is a big part of my life and something my family loves to do together. Today, with cycle safety on the front page of The Times, it is more important ever before for CTC to continue its vital work and I'm looking forward to supporting the talented CTC team in doing all it can to champion more and safer cycling." He replaces Kevin Mayne who will become Director of Development for the European Cyclists' Federation.
action.retrievefile.do?ea.client.id=1689&ea_filename=Gordon_Seabright_230.jpg

Attachments

• action.retrievefile.do?ea.client.id=1689&ea_filename=Gordon_Seabright_230.jpg
    action.retrievefile.do?ea.client.id=1689&ea_filename=Gordon_Seabright_230.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 14

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Lives in Wiltshire? CTC is in Guildford; RHS is in Wisley, half a dozen miles from Guildford. Unless he has a secret flat in Guildford (and on £70k a year that's unlikely) he's not going to be cycling to work...

Top Bottom