New Bike Helmet day today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's not very hi-vis is it? You seem to have some kind of death wish, you ninja.
He's going for contrast.

classic33

Leg End Member
Both mentioned by others already in this thread, without challenge from you. People differ, so drawbacks you don't experience may still be significant at population scale.
Overheating of the head while wearing a motorcycle helmet, not a cycling helmet, is the only other mention. Same poster* also mentioned reduced hearing, again in relation to motorcycle helmets.

*The only mention of both reduced hearing and overheating in the same post. Two different forms of transport.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Overheating of the head while wearing a motorcycle helmet, not a cycling helmet, is the only other mention.
And I was replying to the part suggesting a motorcycle helmet would keep one safer on the "medically" claimed idea that greater coverage is always better. Really not sure why you're picking my post apart for repeating others.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've not worn a motorcycle helmet since my teens so memory is not great but I imagine it would be a bit ... er ... cosy to wear one cycling up a long climb on a hot day.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
This is an interesting impact test result, but what does it mean?
Not a clue. This is getting dangerously close to the kind of stuff that People Who Care About Helmets argue about in the dungeon.

Top Bottom