Cube Agree GTC race frame with a hairline crack - Cube warranty replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BriBlue

Hi Guys,

I have a Cube agree GTC race frame with a hairline crack on the from stem (see picture) and the bike was purchased less than 3 years ago so is still within warranty.

I have just dropped it off to the bike shop i bought it from and they are going to send it back to cube.

Anyone have any recent experience of Cube Warranty replacement and how helpful they are as I have a feeling it may be a fight to get them to accept this is covered under warranty.

Check out the picture and you will see why its been returned and im worried it may fail when im heading down a hill at pace so really want them to have a good look at the frame and see if they think its still sound or needs replacing.

If you have returned a bike to Cube it would be good to find out your experience on how you were treated.

Thanks

Bri

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 226

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
BriBlue

BriBlue

Just an update......

I received a reply from Cycle Surgery Manchester and great news! Cube will replace the cracked frame with an equivalent 2017 frame. I am happy about this as I really did not want to carry on using the frame with this weakness in it as i regularly do fast descents on the bike so you really dont want this failing when going down hill at speed.

So Cube have been extremely good in the way they have handled this and with a bit of luck i will get the new frame in the next week or so and be back on my first choice bike.

Credit where credit is due and so well done to Cube for handling this frustrating issue in a positive manner.

Thanks to Cycle Surgery as well.

Bri

keithmac

Guru
Great result.I once saw a bike with a similar crack "fixed"with a jubilee clip.

I fixed my Dawse Edge XT excactly like that, did another 8 years without issue..

Top Bottom