Cube Warranty Process

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris1983

Hello fellow cyclists

I took my 2013 Cube Agree GTC Race to my LBS this evening as I spotted what looked like the start of a crack on the seat tube. That has been confirmed by my LBS and they told me not ride the bike any more and asked me to leave it with them :cry:Not what I expected after 5 months and just 318miles :sad:

Tomorrow they are going to start a warranty claim! The only problem is the guy at my LBS said that historically Cube have been very slow at dealing with warranty claims But they are apparently addressing this internally.

Has anyone else had any experience with Cube warranty process, either recently or historically? I'm now a bit worried im going to be bikeless for weeks and weeks :cry:

The more worrying thing is that the guy said that mine is the second 2013 Agree GTC Race with a cracked seat tube they have had back in the past couple of days :unsure:

Watching the thread with interest as I bought the same model just a couple of months ago.
Where did you but it from? From your LBS?

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

Yes brought it from the same LBS that is handling the warranty for me.

Until now its been a great bike and im a big Cube fan so hopefully they will sort it out swiftly.

I will be sure to keep everyone up to date with progess...Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the crack but it was verticlly along the seat tube, about 1 inch long.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I know someone (not well) who races a 2013 Cube Agree GTC and had a cracked seat tube being handled by warranty, he's been racing his commuter Boardman for the last couple of months. Not sure whats going on in his situation I will ask him at the weekend if I see him.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My old Scott bike developed a crack on the seat tube but that was after 12 years and 20 odd thousand miles. If it's any comfort the crack hasn't grown in the last 3 years so yours might not.:thumbsup:

boydj

Legendary Member
Technically, if the LBS supplied the bike, then they are responsible for supplying a replacement. They should not be involving you in their dispute with the manufacturer. Having had 5 months use I would cut them a bit of slack, but I would only give them a couple of weeks to provide an alternative solution - which might be a new bike from a different manufacturer.

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

Its not had a hard 5 months though, the tyres still have the bead from the mould :laugh:
I should find out this week whats going to happen...i could push for a cash refund but i really like the bike and would be happy for new frame.

also i brought the bike at a reduced price as the shop were taking delivery of their 2014 stock so i would have to put and extra £350 on top of a full refund to get equal spec...its a tough one and if it had been spring or summer when it will get ridden every day to work and would haved pushed to try and get a replacement bike there and then, the bike saves me a lot of money in transport fees in the summer months but I dont plan on riding it for a few weeks so im prepared to be a bit patient

will keep everyone updated with the progress

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Hope you get it sorted. If you get a new frame I would ask about warrenty as cube only give two years warrenty from the date of purchase of the bike..... If they swap the frame, the purchase date does not change. I would want two years warrenty on the new frame in writing after this experience.

Can't see why all bike manufacturers can't offer lifetime frame warrenty like Specialized

CRVFR

According to Cube's website, frames from 2012 get a 3-year warranty for carbon & 6 years for aluminium.

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

Apologies for the miss spelling...i'm an Engineer...I fix things, i don't write about them :whistle: By the time I realised that I had spelt it wrong it was too late and now I can't edit the thread title, anyway back on topic…
MOD EDIT : I can - and have done ! :smile:

Many thanks for the links....I found the first link searching the web the other day but I hadn't come across the second link...it makes for some worrying reading :sad: added to the fact that my LBS has had two Cube bikes back in the last few days for the same issue as well it really does seem that Cube has had some serious QC issues...hopefully they have rectified this and the 2014 frames will be a lot better but I’m still going to push for a 3 year WARRANTY :tongue: starting the date I pick the bike up, otherwise it’s only a 2.5 year warranty on the new frame.

Many thanks

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom