Cube Warranty Process

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Sounds like a good result ! :thumbsup:

I wonder if the LBS will try to charge you for building up the new frame into bike form ... :whistle:

If so, it would be a great learning experience to do the build yourself - if you feel up to it ! :smile:

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

To be fair to the bike shop have been pretty good, no mention of a charge...and wouldn’t accept it if they did. They have got a good reputation locally so I don't expect any issues, although i would be happy enough to build the bike myself if it came to it.

The biggest issue seems to be from Cube...a new frame arrived to day and it’s from the entry level bike, not the Race frame that I purchased....according to Cube's own marketing the Race, SL and SLT have superior frames to the rest of the range...so I have rejected the frame...I paid a £600 premium over the entry level bike for a reason...yes this wasn't just for the frame, a lot of other better spec'ed components full ultegra etc but I’m not willing to accept a frame that is inferior according to Cube themselves…

Plus the entry level frame doesn't have the internal cable routing and yes i'm a tart but I like that sort of thing...that's why i brought it...

I’m now waiting to see what the outcome will be and the LBS are looking to see if they have got any 2013 Race frames in stock to do a direct replacement with. So even the LBS would be out of pocket if this is route that they take.

If a 2013 frame can’t be sourced then I have insisted on a like for like replacement so as a minimum expect a 2014 Race Frame, I don’t feel that I’m being unfair…

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

So Cube sent the wrong frame which arrived this morning...LBS have managed to source a 2013 Race frame from their own stock...built it up and its all ready for collection...that is service :becool:

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

Collected the bike :hyper: looking good, they even changed the tyres without me saying anything :thumbsup:

the only issue is they haven't set the gears correctly, the rear indexing is out a fair bit :banghead: such a shame as they really did put in 110% effort to get me my bike back. i will sort it tomorrow my self...gives me something to do after my mornings run ^_^

now just need the :sun: to go :bicycle:

thanks for tuning into this broadcast

chris

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

Not sure its necessarily bad PR for Cube. The problem is I guess I was just an outsider in all this...I had no deallings with Cube direct

All I know is it took 8 days from me taking my bike to my LBS to them telling me that Cube would warrant my claim and send out a replacement...although I had to push my LBS for updates....I have no proof of the emails sent from my LBS to Cube...but have no reason to doubt that my LBS sent and received the emails when they said they did.

Cube sent the wrong frame, but again I have no proof if my LBS specified that it was Race frame...they may have just said its and Agree GTC...who knows...I would like to think that no one was trying to pull a fast one and that it was a genuine mistake either with Cube or the LBS.

all I do know for certain is that I reported a fault with my bike and in less than two weeks I've got a brand new replacement frame and my faulty one is still at my LBS...this is much less than the 5 weeks plus that had been hinted at when I first took the bike in.

Im just happy to have my bike back with no faults :thumbsup:

Top Bottom