Giant Lifetime Frame Warranty claim success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I thought I'd share my positive experience of claiming under the lifetime frame warranty from Giant.

I bought my Revolt 3 online, new, from JE James Cycles in May 2015.

On Monday evening I noticed a line/crack in the paint around a weld between the top tube and seat tube, and after riding to work on Tuesday morning I noted that the line had begun to extend around the side of the top tube also. The paint was breaking out from the inside & I strongly suspected it was a crack.

I took some photos & sent them to JE James who liaised with Giant on my behalf.

On Wednesday (i.e. the very next day) I heard that Giant would be supplying me with a complete new bike, (a Contend AR3) under the frame warranty. I have to pack up my Revolt and send it back to JE James. The original parts of my Revolt (QR wheels, post mount brakes) are not compatible with the modern gravel bikes standards of thru-axles and flat mount brakes.

Obviously, I'm delighted with the service provided by JE James and by the pragmatic and thorough implementation of the lifetime frame warranty by Giant.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
If I am not mistaken, the Giant lifetime warranties started after 2009 (when I bought my Aluxx Giant Defy) which has a small weld crack in the frame. My newer Carbon Defy 2019 frame IS covered. Good to hear.

D

Deleted member 121159

This is good to hear. Is the new frame/bike also covered under warranty or does it only apply to the original bike?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
This is good to hear. Is the new frame/bike also covered under warranty or does it only apply to the original bike?

Specialized covered my replacement frames, I had a Tricross that cracked, followed by two diverges as replacements that cracked (pretty sure they had a design flaw) followed by a third (but different design) Diverge which I still have.

I'm guessing Giant would be the same.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Shouldn't be cracking in the first place. He says riding 3 frames that are 30 years old and one that is 6 years old.

Fair point!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Well done Giant and @Arjimlad . The number of frame failures in aluminium framed bikes must be very small.
My 15 year old Trek is going strong in spite of what are called roads here. It's only does Giant good knowing the buyers have that assurance. The supplier and Giant didn't drag their feet either, all praise to them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OP did well. There is a big thread on Singletrack about a Giant MTB snapping and warrenty refused as the original owner had stripped the frame for return rather than bike shop. Apparently Giant are insisting any work on a bike is done by an authorised dealer, including routine maintenance. Singletrack then enquired into most major manufacturers, and Giant's was the worse with get out policies.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
OP did well. There is a big thread on Singletrack about a Giant MTB snapping and warrenty refused as the original owner had stripped the frame for return rather than bike shop. Apparently Giant are insisting any work on a bike is done by an authorised dealer, including routine maintenance. Singletrack then enquired into most major manufacturers, and Giant's was the worse with get out policies.
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/warranty this makes no reference to that proviso apart from the original authorised dealer having to have assembled the bike. Unless they're claiming some improper maintenance, assembly or installation by someone else?

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The first email after the shop spoke with Giant asked me to strip & send them the frame for a replacement. But another one came in a moment later countermanding that & saying it would be a new bike.

Top Bottom