Cube Warranty Process

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Chris1983

Yes paid by Credit Card...I have got a cash back card so I buy everything on my credit card and then pay the balance in full each month...my CC company must hate me as they have never made a penny out of me yet I get a few hundred pound a year out of them :becool:

SWSteve

Guru
Just thought I would pass on this knowledge, hopefully you won;t need it, but it's useful being able to ask the big boys to help

U

User6179

Apologies for the miss spelling...i'm an Engineer...I fix things, i don't write about them :whistle: By the time I realised that I had spelt it wrong it was too late and now I can't edit the thread title, anyway back on topic…

Many thanks for the links....I found the first link searching the web the other day but I hadn't come across the second link...it makes for some worrying reading :sad: added to the fact that my LBS has had two Cube bikes back in the last few days for the same issue as well it really does seem that Cube has had some serious QC issues...hopefully they have rectified this and the 2014 frames will be a lot better but I’m still going to push for a 3 year WARRANTY :tongue: starting the date I pick the bike up, otherwise it’s only a 2.5 year warranty on the new frame.

Many thanks

Chris

Cube changed my frame which had a crack round the BB shell , I rode the bike for 3000 miles over a summer with the crack before I pursued a warranty claim , the bike had done 8000 miles in total by then and was 18 months old and Cube replaced the frame no fuss , took about 2 weeks to get an answer and another 2 weeks to get the frame swapped over ,the crack was around the aluminium insert in the bottom bracket .

Have done about 4000 miles on new frame without any problems( 2013 model).

Just like to say I have noticed 2 different frame types on the Cube Agree Gtc in the same year , one has internal cabling on the down tube and one has not , they both have internal cabling on top tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Chris1983

Cube changed my frame which had a crack round the BB shell , I rode the bike for 3000 miles over a summer with the crack before I pursued a warranty claim , the bike had done 8000 miles in total by then and was 18 months old and Cube replaced the frame no fuss , took about 2 weeks to get an answer and another 2 weeks to get the frame swapped over ,the crack was around the aluminium insert in the bottom bracket .

Just like to say I have noticed 2 different frame types on the Cube Agree Gtc in the same year , one has internal cabling on the down tube and one has not , the both have internal cabling on top tube.

Many thanks for taking the time to report on your experience with a Cube Warranty claim, its good to hear that it was relatively straight forward and that the replacement frame has fixed the issue.

My frame is the GTC Race with the full internal cable routing.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member

Just like to say I have noticed 2 different frame types on the Cube Agree Gtc in the same year , one has internal cabling on the down tube and one has not , the both have internal cabling on top tube.

Is it the one with full internal cabling the one with the issues?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If it looks like dragging out write a letter to the LBS (and keep a copy) outlining that the bike is not fit for purpose , time is of the essence and you require a new frame or money back within 3 weeks.(you have to give them a reasonable time to sort it out)

The shop will try to make you wait for Cube to sort it out but your contract is with the shop not the manufacturer. If the shop know you are aware of your rights and wont be fobbed off then you will be in a better place.If they still try to drag it out ask trading standards for help.Your copy of the letter will be usefull at this point.

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

U

User6179

I would stay clear of Ultremos as they burst from the inside , they recalled them a few years ago when they were called Ultremo R1s , the ZXs are just the same tyre with the same problems , I also had two changed on warranty from Schwalbe no fuss but when the two they gave me developed bulges I decided I would swap to a different tyre which is a Conti gp4000s , the Ultremos are not worth the risk as the contis last a lot longer and offer the same performance.

Cube is a German company and they are usually good at dealing with quality assurance and customers.
I suggest that you write directly to the German company as well.

OP
OP
C

Chris1983

Just an update, been to see the guys at my LBS this afternoon...still not heard anything. They sent an email to Cube UK on Tuesday morning and this was forwarded to Cube Germany and then nothing.

my LBS had made no attempt to follow it up so and to start off with took the line of "Cube can be very slow, etc, etc" I put a bit of pressure on them at this point and made them aware that my warranty claim isnt really with Cube its with them as they were the ones that sold me the bike. Also just pointed out that if I returned a faulty tv I wouldnt expect to have to wait for samsung in Korea to sort out a replacement in 6 weeks time or a new car I would expect a courtesy car as a minimum.

Needless to say they are now going to start pushing this and are going to get the local Cube rep involved as apparently he is good at pushing things through. They have promised me a update by monday so let see what monday brings :smile:

They did also mention that a demo bike could be made available whilst im waiting which is good of them. Not taken them up on the offer yet...but I might do If It's going to drag on.

Lets see what next week brings

U

User6179

Is it the one with full internal cabling the one with the issues?

Just noticed your question , not sure which ones have the issue but i now have 2013 frame without internal cabling on down tube and have did 4-5 thousand miles on it without any issues .

Top Bottom