Cube frame sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p1tse

I'm in between sizes at 5ft8 and it's a pain getting to know which will be better suited and more comfortable for me 53cm vs 56cm

I'm in between sizes at 5ft8 and it's a pain getting to know which will be better suited and more comfortable for me 53cm vs 56cm
Did you buy one? I am looking at the 2014 Cube Agree Race. I am 5ft 8" and a 29.5 inside leg. The 56cm dimensions are similar to my current bike and the 53cm is way smaller. I am looking for a more relaxed ride though. There are no Cube stockists within 100km of me so I was hoping to by online. I am now stumped though. Any advice welcome.

p1tse

Yes I went with 53cm
More leg clearance
And most important I'm not stretched at body and spend most of the time on the hoods

U

User6179

Great thanks, I think I might wait until December when back in the UK and try both to see what I think.

Im 5 11 and ride a 58cm agree gtc and from the front of the stem to the rear of my seat is 810mm if that helps, 56cm might fit but I reckon your between sizes.

gmw492

Veteran
Hi,same question for me,I'm 5ft 8 ins inside leg 29" and i have been told both sizes of 53cm and 56cm,a bike shop recommended the 56 as i gave them my measurments, a friend who has a cube said 53 ...???
I currently have a Specialized 54.5 cm frame and that fells great but hearing the cube frames come a little smaller in sizing should i also plump for 56.????

U

User6179

Hi,same question for me,I'm 5ft 8 ins inside leg 29" and i have been told both sizes of 53cm and 56cm,a bike shop recommended the 56 as i gave them my measurments, a friend who has a cube said 53 ...???
I currently have a Specialized 54.5 cm frame and that fells great but hearing the cube frames come a little smaller in sizing should i also plump for 56.????

I would say a 56 but if you like more of a drop between seat and handlebar then a 53 with a longer stem could work , I would go 56 personally if I was your height as I prefer not much of a drop between bars n seat( getting old).:smile:

gmw492

Veteran
I would say a 56 but if you like more of a drop between seat and handlebar then a 53 with a longer stem could work , I would go 56 personally if I was your height as I prefer not much of a drop between bars n seat( getting old).:smile:
Yes thanks I am the same,don't really want it too small so gonna take a view at a 56.:bicycle:^_^

I have not managed to sit on a 53cm yet but I tried a 56cm. This felt very similar to my current bike which is a 54cm. I would say that if you feel great on a 54.5cm bike, then the 56cm cube would be good for you. Please let me know what you think if you manage to try both sizes.

gmw492

Veteran
I have not managed to sit on a 53cm yet but I tried a 56cm. This felt very similar to my current bike which is a 54cm. I would say that if you feel great on a 54.5cm bike, then the 56cm cube would be good for you. Please let me know what you think if you manage to try both sizes.
I will let you know hoping to size one up at weekend so hopefully have an answer by then,56 seems to be the option though,hopefully..:thumbsup:

gmw492

Veteran
hi,finally opted for 56 cube frame and feels great at present,just a couple of slight adjustments but now ready for a few rides on it....thanks guys :bicycle::thumbsup:

SHornswaggle

Harden the ____ up
I'm 5ft 10 - 34" legs but short body lol.. Specialized bikes size 54 (would have been happy with 56 too) but Cube will be a 56 frame..

I've got a 2010 Peloton. I'm 5ft 8 and I've got a 29 inch inside leg. My Peloton has a 56cm frame. This was done at a proper bike fitting and took into account that I was longer in the body and in my arms than the average for my height. It fits perfectly.

Top Bottom