Cube Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy1965

Hi All,

The last time I was serious about bikes I was 15 and had a treasured Grifter. I'm now 51 and in the years between have had a few dodgy 2nd hand mountain bikes for very short rides with the kids.

I now want to start again for health and pottering around the village. I'm thinking about short rides on tarmac roads and the odd country track.

A friend has offered me this bike and basically having spent a few hours googling all the different styles there are now, I'm wondering if this will be fine for what I want to do. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5355.jpg
    IMG_5355.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 80

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Looks fine to me, check the gears are working and the brakes but i own a Cube road bike and love it !

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That'll do perfectly for the type of riding you have indicated you'll be doing. I've got something similar - a Cube CLS LTD Pro Hybrid - and it gets used on normal roads, bridleways, etc.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
You need a carbon fibre frame and Di2 shifters as a minimum for pottering around roads and cycle tracks.

OP
OP
A

Andy1965

Sorry, forgot where I'd posted this!!!

Cube fell through and ended up rushing and buying a Boardman Team Hybrid off Gumtree yesterday.

Rode for the first time today and hate it :sad: Was like riding on cobblestones.

Back on gumtree!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
With some bikes, it takes time to get used to the feel of it.

If the ride felt harsh, you could have gone with wider tires, a more comfortable saddle or both.

OP
OP
A

Andy1965

I wondered about that but not sure if that would make a big enough difference. Called into a LBS today and chap suggested I would be better with something like a cannondale quick cx 4.

Don't want to spend much money on it without being confident the ride would improve enough.

Unsure what to do so probably have another outing tomorrow.

vickster

Legendary Member
Try the bikes out, Evans have a big range and do no obligation testrides (they'll get bikes in from their warehouse for a refundable deposit)

Top Bottom