Cube or ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

I use www.merlincycles.co.uk a lot as they have great pricing & even better customer service.
Can recommend them to anyone.

Edit

Only just up the road from yourself Merlin too Ste.

How did you 'blow your knees out' ?
Yep merlin are 5 minutes away by car or if I'm riding the cube about an hour lol ,right knee went in Spain last year had fluid on my knee cap swelled up pretty badly then in feb this year my left knee did the same and for the. Last 6 weeks had an infection in both lungs been struggling to keep active ,studied martial arts for years so I'm giving that a break too but went out yesterday struggled a bit up hills but on the flats I was ok

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Yep merlin are 5 minutes away by car or if I'm riding the cube about an hour lol ,right knee went in Spain last year had fluid on my knee cap swelled up pretty badly then in feb this year my left knee did the same and for the. Last 6 weeks had an infection in both lungs been struggling to keep active ,studied martial arts for years so I'm giving that a break too but went out yesterday struggled a bit up hills but on the flats I was ok
You've had a shocking 12 months then Ste.

Hope you get back to 'fighting' fitness soon with the aid of Cube power.

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

That's what I'm hoping for ;) was quite happy with the hybrid but wanted to go up a level , tipping the scales at 15 stone atm so would like to lose a stone before July can't sqeeze into the mankini Just yet lol

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

Just got back from a 15 mile ride with an av 14 mph still not to bothered about the figures just glad to back in the seat ;)

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

My first modification and I've not had the bike a week,just swapped the seats over it has a selle italia x1 and I've just changed it for a 4za stratos had it on my hybrid and it's a better/comfier seat

SteCenturion

I am your Father
My first modification and I've not had the bike a week,just swapped the seats over it has a selle italia x1 and I've just changed it for a 4za stratos had it on my hybrid and it's a better/comfier seat
If/when I ever get mine sorted, the bars, stem, saddle, seatpost & wheels are all coming off, before I ride it & in the shop to be fitted with my own.

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

What will b
If/when I ever get mine sorted, the bars, stem, saddle, seatpost & wheels are all coming off, before I ride it & in the shop to be fitted with my own.
What will be left from the bike the frame and shimano 105 !!

Gains84

Iv ridden mine twice now, I think I may have to change the saddle as I can feel my cheeks throbbing still even now! lol
apart from that really nice ride quality I think, maybe need wider bars but will give them time as I like the flat bit on top!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
What will b

What will be left from the bike the frame and shimano 105 !!
Roughly speaking Ste yes.

Might keep the wheels for winter rides, the rest will be put away & go back on when I no longer want it (which will be a long time).

I did the same to my current bike, except seatpost which is aero & so can't be changed (wouldn't want to either).

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

As you know I purchased a cube peloton race and I'm loving it ;)
I went for the black red and white scheme
D2D8318F-4DE9-4A5F-9366-A7E15C7FC03B.jpg
But shortly after a mate chose the "other" scheme I'm thinking I've chosen the wrong one
7AA2E63F-EA57-46DE-A39E-C6F0948AEE14.png

ChrisTh

Im picking up my cube tomorrow too, wasnt active but this thread came in handy when I was looking into what to buy.

Coming from a carerra zelos so should be quite an improvement!

Hoping (work dependant) that I can finally get out and get cycling properly.

Downward

Guru
24nnvxu.jpg
I did want the white but after seeing it in real life in the shop went for black. No regrets.
I don't like the red bar tape on the white it just is too much would look better all white or blue.

1st ride tomorrow.

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
24nnvxu.jpg
I did want the white but after seeing it in real life in the shop went for black. No regrets.
I don't like the red bar tape on the white it just is too much would look better all white or blue.

1st ride tomorrow.
All red or all white bar tape @Downward
Blue would look 'odd' imo.

Arundel Gecko grip @ www.merlincycles.co.uk is great.

Schwalbe ZX Ultremo's in black/red @ same place on offer £42 pair, top notch & look the Mutz Nutz for when your tyres need replacing.

Top Bottom