Cube peloton race 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Anyone got theres yet, think its going to be atleast two weeks before mine comes.
Been to a lbs to have another nose at them, just want mine NOW :sad:

Johnym

Got mine mid January mate but ordered back in October. I'm a newbie cyclist but I think you will be happy when it arrives.

I'm now commuting every day and loving it.

Lead time on them is bad, hope you get yours soon

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Mines through the C2W scheme and their waiting for a shipment of 60cm frames.
Soon be here and the warm weather with it fingers crossed

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Ordered mine in a triple in December at my LBS and arrives the third week of March , but a friend of mine went to Cycle surgery in Exeter last week and got one there and then , not happy ! Just hope its worth the wait .

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Sorry I got it a couple of weeks back, been too busy playing with it^_^

Only have one crappy photo taken with my phone
Bikehorseshoepass.jpg

Being only used to a Carrera before this handles much better and it flies going down hills, thankfully the brakes are good too :smile:

Much better riding position than my old bike. My only gripe would be the saddles very hard, but think I'll sort that with better padded tights

Sean

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Thanks Sean, that looks like a nice bike. I’m currently torn between the Cube Peloton Race and the Bianchi Via Nirone 7. The Cube has the better spec, but the Bianchi (in my opinion) is the ‘beautiful looking’ bike. My c2w scheme is limited to £1k so I’m considering whether its worth paying the extra £200 and upgrading to a Bianchi with a 105 groupset.

Bianchi-67

Shaun, which bike did you decide to get in the end? I got the Bianchi VN7 and wish I'd got the Cube Peloton due to its 105/Ultegra components.

JtB

Still waiting for the window on my c2w scheme to open again, but decided I will go for the Bianchi Impulso 105 10spd compact.

JtB

Shaun, which bike did you decide to get in the end? I got the Bianchi VN7 and wish I'd got the Cube Peloton due to its 105/Ultegra components.
You sound a bit disappointed with your Bianchi VN7, is there any particular reason other than the “on-paper” spec?

Bianchi-67

I like my VN7. I've recently upgraded both the front/mech and shifters to Ultegra. The wheels have also been upgraded to Fulcrum Racing 5 with Michelin Pro 3 Tyres.

VN7 has a better frame than the Cube as it is triple butted. Cube is double butted I believe.

Top Bottom