Cube peloton race 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I've now ordered a Bianchi Impulso with Campagnolo Veloce.

I've now ordered a Bianchi Impulso with Campagnolo Veloce.
IMO and if it's not too late I'd push the boat out, change the order and go for the 105 spec you mentioned in posts #9 & #11.

After years of Shimano patronage I fancied a change when I built my commuter, and I went with Veloce 10sp in black, but I've regretted it ever since. IMO the shifters are more suited to a tourer than a road bike, everything feels very agricultural, and the power torque crank axle removal is frankly a pi$$ take in this day and age. Also, the thumb shift just doesn't suit me at all, but this is not helped by the fact my other bike is full Shimano DA!

I've got used to it but I don't like it and I never will, and to be honest it stops me riding it as much as I should which is a real shame as the bike rides great. As soon as anything needs upgrading or as soon as I can afford too I'll be changing everything over to 105 black.

Of course, if you're used to Campag and/or you've tested it and like it then take no friggin' notice of anything I've said. Otherwise try and change your order.

[EDIT] don't let the Velominati fool you into thinking a Bianchi simply has to have Campag to be authentic. The frame is built in the far east, so it will be more at home with Japanese components on it anyway :thumbsup:

Bianchi-67

Here's my upgraded VN7
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338111826.100292.jpg

JtB

IMO and if it's not too late I'd push the boat out, change the order and go for the 105 spec you mentioned in posts #9 & #11.

After years of Shimano patronage I fancied a change when I built my commuter, and I went with Veloce 10sp in black, but I've regretted it ever since. IMO the shifters are more suited to a tourer than a road bike, everything feels very agricultural, and the power torque crank axle removal is frankly a pi$$ take in this day and age. Also, the thumb shift just doesn't suit me at all, but this is not helped by the fact my other bike is full Shimano DA!

I've got used to it but I don't like it and I never will, and to be honest it stops me riding it as much as I should which is a real shame as the bike rides great. As soon as anything needs upgrading or as soon as I can afford too I'll be changing everything over to 105 black.

Of course, if you're used to Campag and/or you've tested it and like it then take no friggin' notice of anything I've said. Otherwise try and change your order.

[EDIT] don't let the Velominati fool you into thinking a Bianchi simply has to have Campag to be authentic. The frame is built in the far east, so it will be more at home with Japanese components on it anyway :thumbsup:
You're giving me last minute jitters now. I went back to my LBS today to test ride both the 105 and Veloce, but decided to stick with Veloce (my LBS even asked me if I wanted to change my order). I didn't have any issues with the thumb shift, but there again I've never had a bike with 105 and so I don't need to re-calibrate my brain. Personally I found the Veloce had a nice positive gear change and while Bianchis may no-longer be built in Italy, I can always pretend mine was a one-off specially built for me in Italy.

You're giving me last minute jitters now.
Sorry mucker, not my intention at all. Just thought I'd pass on my own experience. To be fair it is undoubtedly flawed because I am far more used to Shimano, and my best bike is also Shimano. As I said, as long as you're happy take no notice of anything I've said and enjoy the bike as I'm sure you will :thumbsup:

Reactions: JtB

JtB

Not having experience myself of either Shimano or Campagnolo I found very little between them and let the colour of the bike influence me more than I should have :blush: Anyway, your post refocused my mind and made me look at the bike in much more detail - many thanks! :thanks:

G-Zero

Über Member
Got fed up waiting for my peloton race so my LBS done me a deal on the agree SL which i pick up on Friday , cant wait .

JA,

How's the SL settling in ?

defy-one

I'm looking at the cube peleton pro - only because i like the black paintwork, more than white????
Full Tiagra and 25c wheels for £800

Any views folks good/bad

Sent by iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom