cube peloton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glenjarvis

glenjarvis

Regular
They're not the most important factor, always get the best frame you can for the money. But, at any price point there are compromises, and on the vast majority of bikes around £700-£1000 the wheels are going to be heavy and the groupset often mixed and matched with cheaper chainsets and/or shifters/levers to keep costs down.

I bought the Cube as a winter/training bike, for two reasons: 1) It was great value for the spec, and 2)The solid spec means I haven't wanted, and won't want to spend any money upgrading parts.

The first thing anyone will tell you to upgrade on a bike is the wheels. Buying something with half decent ones in the first place, instead of a pair of 2kg+ boat anchors, will save you a couple of hundred £ on an upgrade if you get into cycling.
Thanks
99% certain im going for the cube pro 2015 in the next week
just want to step back so to speak for a few days before buying when I decided I wanted a bike back in May I decided on the Monday I bought the second cheapest road bike in Halfords by Tuesday midday,i didn t know about this forum then if I had I probably would of got a Giant or Felt for roughly the same price as people recommended
the spec was far better than my Carrera and I possibly wouldn t be looking for something better so soon
Glen

toeknee

Über Member
I'm getting this when my C2W voucher arrives. ^_^ No I'm not....
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
glenjarvis

glenjarvis

Regular
How does working nights preclude you from the C2W scheme?
the roads aren t great around where I live full of potholes the journey to work would all be country back roads and if im being totally honest I enjoy
cycling in daylight even if its cold and miserable if I worked day shifts would be different matter but im on permanent nights 4 on 3 off I guess I could lie about my shifts but don't want to do that

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
thanks to everyone who responded about the cube I bought the peloton pro race 2015 today
if somebody told me id spend £600 plus on a bike 5 months ago I would have told them they were mad ,guess ive got hooked on cycling
Hey, well done Glen. Sounds like you got a bargain there.
Now just get out and enjoy!

Top Bottom